Chapter 6 | Midnight Musings

With Sam and Colby

As the night deepened, and the world outside their window settled into a hushed tranquility, Sam found himself immersed in the glow of his phone screen, captivated by the messages from Victoria. With a grin tugging at his lips, he eagerly opened her latest text, his curiosity piqued by her playful words.

"I'm glad to hear that you had a great day! And of course that meeting me was one of the highlights of your day! ;)" Victoria's message read, a teasing tone evident in her words.

Beside him, Colby chuckled at the playful banter, his laughter echoing in the quiet of their shared space. "Looks like she's got a sense of humor," he remarked, a knowing glint in his eye.

Sam nodded in agreement, a smile spreading across his face as he typed out a response. "Thanks for making me laugh," he replied, his heart lighter with each exchanged message.

Before he could send his reply, another notification popped up on his screen—a message from Victoria once again. With a sense of anticipation, Sam opened the text, his heart skipping a beat at her words.

"It's getting late though so I'm going to bed. Goodnight, Sam!" Victoria's message read, a warmth spreading through Sam's chest at her thoughtful gesture.

With a soft smile, Sam typed out a quick response. "Goodnight, Victoria! Sweet dreams," he replied, his fingers hovering over the send button as he hesitated for a moment, savoring the connection they had forged through their late-night conversation.

As he set his phone aside and prepared to turn in for the night, Colby's voice broke the silence, his words sparking an idea that ignited a flicker of excitement in Sam's chest.

"Hey, Sam," Colby began, his voice filled with enthusiasm, "what if we invited Victoria to go ghost hunting with us sometime?"

Sam's eyes lit up with excitement at the suggestion, his mind already racing with possibilities. "That's a great idea!" he exclaimed, his voice tinged with excitement. "I'll ask her tomorrow," he added, a smile spreading across his face at the thought of embarking on a new adventure with Victoria by their side.

And as they drifted off to sleep, the promise of new beginnings and shared adventures filled their dreams, guided by the echoes of serendipity that whispered in the stillness of the night.

👻🧁👻🧁

Will Victoria agree on going ghost hunting with Sam and Colby? Or will Victoria stay home? Will Sam actually ask Victoria if she wants to tag along with the 2 ghosthunters? Or will he forget?

Please vote for this chapter and let me know yout thoughts!