Chapter 20 | Sleepwalking

with amanda

Amanda paced back and forth in the room, her heart pounding with worry. She dialed Victoria's number again, but it went straight to voicemail.

"Victoria, where are you?" Amanda muttered to herself, her anxiety rising with each passing moment.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Startled, Amanda rushed to answer it. Sam and Colby stood on the other side, concern evident on their faces.

"Have you guys seen Victoria?" Amanda blurted out, her voice trembling with fear.

Sam and Colby exchanged a worried glance before shaking their heads in unison. "No, we haven't seen her. What's going on?" Sam asked, stepping into the room.

Amanda explained the situation, her words coming out in a rush as she fought to hold back tears. "I can't find her, and her phone is still here. I'm really worried something might have happened to her."

Colby placed a comforting hand on Amanda's shoulder. "We'll find her, Amanda. Let's split up and search the hotel. She couldn't have gone far."

With renewed determination, the three of them hurried out of the room, their footsteps echoing in the empty hallway as they frantically searched for their missing friend. 

👻🧁👻🧁

As Victoria woke up, her senses slowly coming back to her, she found herself in an unfamiliar and unsettling setting. Her back was pressed against the cold, rough surface of the wall, and the red and white striped patterns of the hallway loomed ominously around her. Confusion clouded her mind as she tried to piece together how she had ended up here.

Glancing down at herself, Victoria's heart raced with embarrassment and unease. She was dressed only in her panties, a bra, and an oversized t-shirt, leaving her feeling vulnerable and exposed in the dimly lit corridor.

Fear gripped her as she realized that she must have been sleepwalking again, a phenomenon that had plagued her since childhood but had never led her to such eerie surroundings before.

Frantically, Victoria made her way to the elevator, her heart pounding in her chest with every step. She needed to get back to her own floor, away from this unsettling place that seemed to whisper secrets from its walls.

As the elevator doors closed behind her, Victoria pressed the button for her floor, relief flooding through her as she anticipated the safety of her own room. But to her horror, the elevator seemed to have a mind of its own, bypassing her floor and descending instead to the second floor.

Panic rising within her, Victoria pressed the button for the third floor once more, desperate to escape this nightmare. Yet, when the elevator doors opened again, she found herself once more on the fifth floor, the same haunting corridor stretching out before her.

Tears stung her eyes as she realized that she was trapped, her mind plagued by dark thoughts and fears. With trembling hands, she pressed the button for the stairs, determined to find her way back no matter what obstacles stood in her path.

👻🧁👻🧁

Victoria's legs burned with exertion as she sprinted up the stairs, her breaths coming in ragged gasps. Tears blurred her vision, blurring the edges of the staircase into a dizzying blur. Each step felt like an eternity, her heart pounding in her ears, drowning out the sound of her own frantic thoughts.

As she reached the middle of the stairs, Victoria's eyes caught sight of a familiar figure standing ahead. Without hesitation, she rushed towards him, her feet pounding against the hard surface of the steps. Finally, she reached him, throwing herself into his arms in a desperate embrace.

Sam's arms wrapped around her tightly, offering comfort and security in the midst of her turmoil. His familiar scent enveloped her, grounding her in the present moment.

"Victoria, what happened? We couldn't find you anywhere," Sam's voice was filled with concern, his brows furrowed with worry.

"I must have been sleepwalking," Victoria murmured, her voice shaky with emotion.

Sam gently pulled away, his hands cupping her face as he looked into her eyes, searching for reassurance. "Where did you wake up?" he asked softly.

"On the fifth floor. And then I took the elevator, but it ended up on the second floor. I pressed the button for the third floor again, but I ended up back on the fifth floor. So I decided to take the stairs," Victoria explained, her voice trembling with fear.

"It's okay, I'm here. I won't let anything hurt you," Sam whispered soothingly, his thumb brushing away a stray tear that trickled down her cheek.

Victoria felt a wave of gratitude wash over her, grateful for Sam's presence and unwavering support. With a sigh, she leaned into his embrace, finding solace in the warmth of his embrace and the gentle touch of his lips as he placed a soft kiss on top of her head.

👻🧁👻🧁

Only 5 chapters left!