Chapter 18 | Haunted Hallways

The elevator doors slid open with a soft chime, revealing a dimly lit hallway stretching before them. Victoria's senses were on high alert as she stepped out, her heart pounding in her chest. The air felt heavy, suffused with an inexplicable tension that sent shivers down her spine.

Colby's observation about the size of the door drew their attention, emphasizing the eerie atmosphere of the place. Sam's hand hovered over the doorframe, his expression a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

"What's wrong?" Amanda's voice broke the silence, her eyes scanning the hallway warily.

"This door... it's just... really small," Sam muttered, his gaze fixed on the doorway ahead.

Victoria chuckled nervously, trying to lighten the mood. "Well, at least you won't have to duck to get through it, Sam."

As they ventured further into the hallway, the air seemed to grow colder, prickling their skin with an icy chill. The dim lighting cast long shadows along the walls, adding to the eerie ambiance of the fifth floor.

"Does anyone else feel that?" Colby's voice cut through the silence, his eyes darting around as if expecting something to leap out from the darkness.

Amanda nodded, her expression tense. "It feels... different up here. Like the air is charged with something."

Victoria's heart skipped a beat as she heard a faint noise echoing down the corridor—a distant, muffled scream that sent a chill down her spine.

"Did you guys hear that?" Victoria's voice trembled with unease, her eyes wide with fear.

Sam's grip tightened on the strap of his backpack as he glanced nervously at the others. "Yeah... I heard it too."

Without another word, Victoria took a hesitant step forward, her senses on high alert. The hallway seemed to stretch endlessly before them, each step echoing loudly in the silence.

As they walked, the oppressive atmosphere weighed heavily on them, the feeling of being watched sending shivers down their spines. They pressed on, determined to uncover the secrets of the haunted fifth floor, even as their instincts screamed at them to turn back.

Little did they know, the true horrors of the hotel were yet to reveal themselves, lurking in the shadows of the fifth floor, waiting to ensnare them in its dark embrace.

As they ventured further into the curved hallway, the sense of unease grew palpable. Each step felt like treading through thick fog, the air heavy with an indescribable weight.

Colby's voice echoed through the corridor as he pointed ahead, drawing attention to the unique architectural feature. "Isn't this like the striped walls hallway?"

Sam's eyes widened as he took in the sight. "Yo dude! Look, it's curved."

Victoria shot Sam a mischievous grin, sensing his unease. "Feeling a little dizzy there, Sam?"

Sam chuckled nervously, his gaze darting around the hallway. "Just a bit."

Amidst their banter, the gravity of their surroundings weighed heavily on them. Colby's words hung in the air, a somber reminder of the tragedies that had unfolded within these walls.

"The fact that people were drawn up here to kill themselves is crazy," Colby mused, his tone reflective.

Sam nodded in agreement. "He said even to this day, people come here to commit suicide."

Victoria wrinkled her nose, catching a strange scent in the air. "Do you guys smell like vinegar or something?"

Amidst the musty odor, the bitter tang of vinegar lingered, adding to the eerie ambiance of the hallway.

"Yeah, it smells really musty," Amanda remarked, her voice tinged with discomfort.

"Like really bitter," Colby added, his brow furrowing in confusion.

Without warning, Victoria seized the moment, issuing a playful dare to Sam. "Sam, the dare! Run down the hallway."

Sam hesitated for a moment, glancing down the seemingly endless corridor. Then, with a mix of determination and apprehension, he dashed forward, his footsteps echoing through the silent expanse.

As Sam reached the end of the hallway, he halted, triumphantly raising one arm in victory. "I did it!"

Victoria applauded him, her laughter echoing through the corridor. Colby and Amanda exchanged knowing glances, a silent acknowledgment of the bond that had formed between them in the face of the hotel's chilling mysteries.