Chapter 12 - Phoenix Troubles and A Challenge Issued

After Issei had added Asia to his peerage and she joined the school, he started noticing that Rias was becoming more stressed out in her behaviour he tried asking the club members about it but they told him it's not their place to say, he should ask from Rias directly.

Timeskip: 3 Days Later

Rias had called the entire club in for an important meeting after school, both Asia and Issei were confused on what was going on but decided to ask Rias after school.

As the school day ended and every student went to their respective club activities while those who didn't have clubs went home. Everyone gathered in the ORC Clubhouse, they were all surprised to see Grayfia there, Issei greeted his aunt warmly as he asked.

Issei: Auntie what are you doing here?

Grayfia: I'll explain Ise. My lady should I tell them?

Rias: No Grayfia, I will. The truth guys is I am eng-

As Rias was about to finish she was cut off as a Phoenix magic circle and fire came out of it , afterwards a young man with blonde hair and a maroon suit came out.

Riser: Ahhh it's been long since Riser has been in the human world.

Rias: Phoenix *with venom*

Riser: Ah Rias my love, come it's time for us to get married.

Rias: Riser I will not marry you, I will marry a man of my own choosing one who does not look at me as the Heiress of Gremory or the younger sister of Lucifer.

Riser: Though Rias you must understand your father , my father and the elders consummated this marriage in order for more Pure Blooded Devils to be born, Riser has an elder sibling so the Phoenix family will be fine ,the Gremory family on the other hand does not, will you bring down your family.

At this point in time Akeno comes in with tea and brings it to Riser, he compliments it ,Akeno accepts it but not sincerely.

Rias: I will not bring down my household, but I will not marry someone like you who doesn't care about my feelings only caring about my status and body.

Riser: Listen here Rias, I will burn all your servants here if you do not come with me.

As the conflict is set to explode, Issei jumps into the conversation.

Issei: Oi Yakitori, you heard her, she doesn't want to marry you, what's so hard about understanding that.

Riser: And who are you to speak to Riser like that peasant??

Issei: Issei Hyoudou, and I should be the one calling you a peasant, arrogant bastard, you're busy trying to force a marriage on Rias which she clearly does not want.

Riser: Boy if you don't butt out of this Riser will burn you alive.

Issei: I would like to see you try Yakitori.

Issei and Riser flare their auras with Issei limiting his as it would start freezing the room if he went all out this point is when Grayfia steps in.

Grayfia: Issei, Riser-sama if you continue with your unruly behaviour I will have no choice but to step in as Sirzechs-sama's Queen.

Both men then relieve their Auras as they are both afraid of Grayfia for two different reasons.

Riser: If the strongest Queen asks, who am I to not comply, can't say the same for this peasant here.

Issei: I understand and do so, but you better watch your mouth Yakitori otherwise I'll make Cocytus look like a holiday for you.

Issei then asks if there aren't any alternative proposals to break the marriage, to which Grayfia responds with one way, which is a Rating Game. Issei then lays a proposal forward.

Issei: How about this , a Rating Game between myself and the Yakitori, 1v16 if I win the marriage is stopped but if he wins the marriage goes ahead with the added bonus of my head on a spike.

At this point Rias wants to intervene as she doesn't want her nephew placing his life at risk but is too late, when Riser accepts, Grayfia as well wants to intervene but knows she must stay neutral and to not out Issei yet as her nephew.

Riser: I accept, do you think you have a chance of winning alone peasant , Riser has a full set while you're alone, it's better to forfeit now.

Riser then summons his peerage ,15 pieces , Issei notices one girl who looks like Riser and immediately guesses to be Risers sister

Issei : Quality over Quantity, Yakitori you'll see , just because you have the numbers doesn't mean anything.

Riser: Mira show this peasant what we'll do to him.

Mira tries to attack Issei but ends up knocked out by him with a blow which the Gremory peerage and Grayfia recognise as a blow which had little power in it. Riser was furious but did not act.

Riser : Riser gives you ten days to prepare your annihilation, enjoy till then.

The Phoenix peerage then leaves, Grayfia leaves as well to relay the news that Issei laid the challenge for Riser, but not before scolding him for his behaviour and to not place his life in danger like that again.

The Gremory peerage is concerned about his safety but reassures them that even though it'll be his first Rating Game it'll be a walk in the park .