Chapter 16 - Lucifuge, Sitri and Chess

It's been a few days since the Rating Game against Riser, and the Underworld is buzzing hearing that there is a 4th Super Devil in existence and to mention that he's apart of the Lucifuge House and the nephew of the Strongest Queen.

The Devil Council wanted to place Lucias into an arranged marriage with a few heiresses, but the Devil Kings refused on the grounds that it'd be provoking Lucias, not adding on the fact that he's the Red Dragon Emperor, which means he could fight off any arranged marriage the council tried placing on him ,as well as the fact he had two Devil Kings for support.

So the Council and Devil Kings came to a compromise that he'd become the Head of the Lucifuge House as his aunt is already married to Sirzechs and his father is considered dead. Issei is at the ORC with the rest of the club and they are just having a friendly discussion when Sirzechs and Serafall along with Grayfia appear.

Rias: Brother what are you doing here?

Issei: Uncle Zechs, Aunt Grayfia, Lady Serafall, what's going on?

The entire club bowed at the presence of the Lucifer and Leviathan.

Serafall: Please be at ease everyone, let's all sit down, we actually came to talk to Issei about something important.

Issei: Huh I wonder what it's about.

Sirzechs: When you unveiled your identity, the underworld was more or less buzzing, the Council tried to place you in an arranged marriage.

Issei: WHAT!?

Grayfia: Calm down, it was stopped, The Devil Kings and Council were at an impasse, all both Sirzechs and Falbium immediately were against it, Serafall and Ajuka agreed with them, stating that you'd easily fight off any arrangement and not to mention you have Ddraig, so we've had to come to a compromise. The Lucifuge, Gremory and Glaysa-Labolas families agreed with this as well considering your level of power.

Issei: And what would the compromise be?

Serafall: That you'd become the Head of the Lucifuge House, since your aunt had married Sirzechs, the house had been classed as extinct ,but since you're here ,they wanted you to revive the household, as we couldn't place such a burden on little Milicas.

Issei: I see ....... I'll accept that, as long as it keeps me out of any arranged marriages.

Sirzechs: Basically, you're the only Heir/Head of a household who has the distinction of being immune from any arranged marriage along with Milicas.

The Devil Kings left the ORC as Issei pinched his head ,knowing he dodged a major bullet thanks to his uncles, everyone congratulated him, and the group had a small celebration for it ,the Student Council came along as well, both sides could see that Sona had fallen head over heels for Issei, and the reverse applied as well, though Saji was looking on with Jealousy ,but he knew not to provoke Issei.

The Next Day

After the Celebration for Issei becoming the Head of the Lucifuge House, Sona invited Issei to the Student Council Room, the Council knew what she wanted to do, as she wanted to play Issei at Chess.

Issei: Morning All

Sona: Good Morning, Lord Lucifuge.

Issei: Come on It's still Issei to you all, we're not in the Underworld or a Formal Event.

Sona: Thanks for coming, tell me something, do you play chess?

Issei: Yeah, I do ,it's actually been a while since I've played though, last time I played was World Junior Chess Championships, 4 Years ago, I was the runner up at that time.

Sona: Your prowess is interesting, of you managed to come 2nd in the world at that tournament.

Issei: Yeah , I was beaten by a young lady at that final, it was a close fought game, hell it nearly ended in a draw by time stoppage.

Sona: That young lady you played, do you remember her?

Sona was hoping that he remembered that tournament as she was the winner of that same tournament and she was the person that beat Issei to win the World Junior Title. The Student Council knows that as she told them that she's met Issei once before.

Issei: I remember her having a unique style to how she moved her pieces, near impossible to predict what was going to be her next move, but the same was said for me as well. You know I wanted to ask that girl out ,but didn't get the chance to after the final.

Sona blushed slightly at that comment as she saw that Issei had a long standing interest in her, as she did the same but couldn't find Issei till the recent fallen angel debacle

Sona: Hmmm interesting, tell me would you be interested in a game against me?

Issei: Sure Kaichou, but friendly warning, I maybe a bit rusty since it's been a while since I last played the game.

Sona: If you win I hope you're ready to take responsibility.

Issei: Oh yeah I've heard of what happens when you beat a Sitri at Chess, so I say bring it

The two then got into the game, the conversed about their interests, likes and dislikes, whilst the Council was watching intensively at the game, and saw that Issei was matching her move for move, there came a time where the game devolved into a piece taking frenzy with 6 pieces on either side being lost including a Bishop, Knight and Both Rooks on Sona's side, while Both Bishops, Knights and a Rook was lost on Issei's side ,they both knew it was a serious match, and Issei started to remember this sequence as it was at the Championship Final, then he made a different move to last time.

Issei: Queen to E4, Check

The Council knew that Sona was trapped and she knew it as well, she had been expecting Issei to move to H6 like he did at the World Championships, but he made  a different choice this time around which ended up handing the game to Issei.

Sona: I've got no more moves to play here, congratulations Issei.

Issei: Thank you, Souna.

It then came to him that it was Sona that had beaten him all those years ago, he had avenged his defeat in the World Championships, but also knew what he'd gotten as a plus.

Issei: So then ,my dear Fiancée, when's our first date?

The council was shocked that Sona lost, but no one was more so shocked than Saji who was jealous, but they were even more shocked by the fact that the boy that Sona beat for the World Title was right in front of them and had just beaten their master at Chess.