Masked Angel

(A/N): English is not my language, so if you find a grammatical error let me know; 🇧🇷

Inside the dark forest near a city, a group of Freedom Fighters agents are facing a group of Badniks who are marching fiercely towards the city.

The Freedom soldiers did their best to try to fend off the order of machines, but the opposite was happening, the immense number of robots was making them retreat.

One of the soldiers seeking shelter behind a tree peeked out of the corner of his eyes before firing his Wispon gun and then going back into hiding as he looks at his leader with a nervous look.

Corporal of Freedom Fighters: Let's retreat, sir, they will break through our last barrier!

Freedom Fighters Sergeant: No way soldier! If we do this, these Badniks will invade and destroy the city, we cannot risk that happening. We need to stop them as best we can!

Their efforts to make the platoon of machines retreat continued, but it was no use, as they were increasingly losing ground.

One of the robots then aims its cannon at them and was about to fire, but a blue beam stops it from continuing its action when it hits it in the skull and explodes its head.

Soon more blue rays shoot between the trees and eliminate Badniks, surprising the Freedom Fighter soldiers and after a while, what was left on the battlefield were just the metal carcasses of the machines. Some of the soldiers applauded their victory, but on the other hand the Sergeant and Corporal turn to the forest and wonder who saved them.

A mysterious figure with one blue eye is seen in the trees observing the scene for a few seconds before disappearing, never to be seen again.

About that...

It's night in Knothole, at Aaron's house, the greenish one is seen sitting on a sofa holding a technological magic cube that only worked when the Hedgehog Echidna used his powers over machines to activate the cube's movements according to the boy's will.

Tails had made the object for the Hedgehog Echidna to train his powers on machines, but honestly that challenge was starting to irritate Dr. Eggman's spy.

Aaron grumbled angrily at the challenging puzzle before throwing it aside while Cute Fofy who was sitting on his head, started laughing at the greenish one's lack of patience. It had been hours since Echidna the Hedgehog had been sitting there fiddling with the cube and for someone as fast as Sonic, puzzles were a real problem.

Not only that, but Aaron really wasn't in a good mood. His last actions never left his head. He had stood up to his own brother for a reason he didn't even understand. He had openly disobeyed Dr. Eggman's orders and still had the courage to defy his master.

What did he think he was doing? Cheating on Dr. Eggman? Was he crazy by chance?

Confusion took over his thoughts. In the last few days he had been through a lot, discovered a lot. The world in which everything was so new to him was increasingly worse, dirty and rotten.

Dr. Eggman's deeds brought him discomfort and distress. Killing people, enslaving innocents, saying that nothing but his ambition mattered and being willing to sacrifice his own servants, all of this was just a small part of the long record of the mustachioed scientist's evil that Esmeralda showed him that Aaron had witnessed.

The Hedgehog Echidna was in a dilemma, after all he was a clone, an experiment, a weapon. Did he have the right to have an opinion on something? Dr. Eggman told him no, told him to obey him at all costs. He wanted the greenish one to put his head down and do as he was told.