At the peak

Well apparently Shen Qingqiu did not have any vile plans as he drew his sword. The peak lord actually carried Shen Yuan up to the peak as he flew on his sword.

This made him both relieved and anxious, since it ment that Shen Qingqiu was propbably planning on not killing him and letting him stay close, but the fact is that Cang Qiong Mountain Sect is full of cultivators and Qing Jing's deciples are scolars.

He assumes that Shen Qingqiu somehow made him seem like a normal animal with whatever talisman he used since the few cultivators he had seen paid no mind to him, expect an odd look but that's understandable with someone like Shen Qingqiu carrying him! But they're scholars, who knows when one of them is going to find out!

-

Honestly he's not sure himself as to what he was thinking when he decided to bring this pest here. It'll need a bath but he can't even have one of the deciples do it, since if they remove the ribbon, they'll realize it's more than just a cat. He'll have to do it himself.

He knows that he shouldn't have brought the beast up to the peak but the way it followed him dispite being kicked at made him feel something strange. Bringing that pest over to the peak was a more of on impulse than anything else.

-

Shen Qingwiu sighed as he stepped off from his sword and put Xiu Ya back in it's scabbard, he looked again at the beast that he had voluntarily brought to his peak.

There weren't many deciples around where they were at the moment, since most of them are studying or attending to other tasks. That's good at least. He was planning on heading to the bamboo house, but something interupted him before he could start walking.

A girl with her hair tied into two loopy buns with ribbons approached him. Seeing Ning Yingying makes him ease up a bit. "Shìzūn!" Ning Yingying called out cheerfully. The corners of his lips slightly rose.

She then seemed to notice the cat in her teacher's arms. Her brown eyes seemed to light up with excitement. "Is that a cat? It's so cute!" She cooed at the animal who looked at her with big round eyes. "Is it yours Shìzūn?" She looked back up at her master with a smile.

-

Is it mine huh? He looked at the beast in his arms. Is it mine? Ning Yingying seemed to like it at least, maybe he should keep it. It did seem rather well behaved. It hasn't scrathed or bit him, it just followed him quietly. It hadn't meowed, hissed or growled either, maybe it won't be too much trouble after all?

"Well yes, I'll be keeping it." Having a pet can't be all that hard. You feed it and make sure that it doesn't die and in return it makes it's waste outside the house instead of inside. They also don't leave their owners...

The moon coon in his arms looked shocked by these words and looked up at him with big wide eyes. Maybe it had learned to regognize a few words while raised in captivity? But that doesn't entirely explain the reaction. His thought process is interupted by Ning Yingying's cheerful voice. "What's it's name?".

A small silence followed before Shen Qingwiu finally answered. "Jing." It's a name that he chose becouse of how quiet the beast is. He glanced over at Ning Yingying. "I'll be going now, you should get back to your studies." He spoke fondly but not softly. Then he walked away.

"Yes Shìzūn!" He hears Ning Yingying yell before going off to do whatever she had been doing. He's not sure how but somehow the beast in his arms looks like he doesn't want Ning Yingying to leave. That's not his problem though, so he just carried the beast over to his bamboo house.

After a bit of rinsing and some rise water, the mooncoon seemed to be atleast a little cleaner than before.

-

Now, it has been a while since he was brought to the peak, and as expected, living with Shen Qinfqiu wasn't exactly pleasant to say.

First of all, Shen Qingqiu didn't trust him to wonder the peak so he was always either with the scum villain or locked inside the house. That's not even the worst thing though.

This Shen Qingqiu is clearly more than just a crappy villain with no actual personality. Sometimes he would come home fustrated and annoyed. He apparantly didn't have any more sympathy for animals than children since so far, Shen Yuan has been kicked, thrown and been stomped on.

The odd thing is how Shen Qingqiu acts at those times. Infront of him there's not the elegant and cold master that was described in the novel. He's openly angry and frustrated when he kicks at Shen Yuan, but maybe he just doesn't mind showing that side to an animal.

What is even more strange is how Shen Qingqiu acts after it. Shen Qingqiu just holds him thightly for a very very long time, like he's scared that Shen Yuan will leave.

Well to other matters that he's noticed. He has not seen a single glimpse of the main character so he's beginning to think that Luo Binghe isn't even at the mountain yet. The system has also stopped responding and instead just repeats 'trying to detect error's cause' if he asks.

Although what Shen Qingqiu certainly doesn't follow the animal rights laws of modern day china, he does seem to be getting more familiar with him.

He doesn't leave Shen Yuan locked inside as often anymore and gives him pets occasionally. Even if the food's not a five star meal, he's still fed, that's something that Shen Qingqiu didn't always do at first. So it's not the worst possible situation. Atleast Ning Yingying is rather fond of her Shìzūn's cat, it seems to make the peak lord more open minded about not killing him off.

Sometimes he does miss being human and talking to people, but with the system not responding, it'll be hard to come up with a solution to that problem. For now he'll focus on sneaking off the mountain before the protagonist arrives at the peak.

_______________________________________________
(It's a bit shorter than the three previous chapter's but that's bc I didn't really have any plans for this chapter expect talking about how Shen Qingqiu isn't exactly the best pet owner ever and intruducing Ning Yingying and Shen Yuan.)