administrator 034

After the meeting, the days went on quite normally. He isn't quite sure what was going on at the moment, but what he is quite sure of is that Shang Quinghua isn't the original one. God he shouldn't just take sonething that Shen Qingqiu offers from here on out. What was that that he was given anyways?

Shen Yuan jumped off the bed and made his way over to where Shen Qingqiu had left the food while he was out, he still disliked the taste of raw meat, but it's not so bad once you get used to it. Biting into the meat, he continued thinking.

He had considered trying to sneak out and meet the An Ding peak lord, but that would be difficult as Shen Qingqiu wouldn't be away for long enough for him to do so.

Shen Qingqiu already brought him to most places that he goes, so he doesn't really have time to use the hole that he dug for longer periods of time; he always has to be careful not to be caught.

[Administrator 034 has entered. Entering maintenance mode. Please stand by.]

The system!? I haven't heard from you in a long time. So, this so-called administrator is here? The error was that he couldn't possess Shen Qingqiu's body, right? Hopefully, this administrator can't fix it because doing tasks in the main villain's body sounds like a horror story.

A person appeared in the house. They didn't come from anywhere; just one moment there was empty space, and then suddenly there's a person there.

The first thing he notices about this so-called administrator 034 is that they're wearing modern clothing, well, not exactly modern, but it's definitely the style of the era that the proud immortal demon way was in.

The second thing he notices is that it's a child, well, at least looks like a child.
The child has blonde hair and brown eyes that look more like two empty pits of darkness. He looks like a boy but honestly he isn't trusting what he sees.

The blonde-haired boy looks over at him and waves a bit with a smile before turning his attention to a blue screen that he seemed to pull out of nowhere.

He waved his hands around and pressed a few things on the blue screen, and then it disappeared, looking stupid if he was going to be honest, but Shen Yuan isn't even sure how to react to this sudden appearance of administrator 034. He can't even talk while in this form.

[System back in service. A new task has been assigned: 'Welcome home, baby protagonist.' Requirements: have your first interaction with Luo Binghe.]

Shen Yuan couldn't properly think about it when the boy suddenly approached him and leaned down. "Hello there! We're terribly sorry for the delay, but I've had some bigger issues to handle before this, so it took a while. You can call me Asil if that's easier than administrator 034."

"You see, we're unable to move you to the body you were meant to have originally because we're unable to directly affect the story. I left you a little something to help you complete your tasks and change the story, though!"

When Shen Yuan blinked his eyes, Asil was already gone. At least he isn't Shen Qingqiu, but honestly, how are these beings, who can presumably make fiction reality, so weak in the face of changing the story?

[You've received a gift: 'Info packet on Blood Moon Maine Coons: Facts and Theories!' Would you like to open it?]

The boy did say that he left something to help him. Screw it, just open it, it's not like he'll die or anything.

[Sure thing! ▪︎The Blood Moon Maine Coons are a tainted offspring of a Huli Jing spirit and a Japanese Cat Yokai, as stated in the earlier drafts of Proud Immortal Way that were deleted. Unfortunately, their love produced grazed offspring due to the difference in species.▪︎

▪︎Blood Moon Maine Coons have potential as shapeshifters because of their ancestry of two shapeshifting spirits, but due to their lack of intelligence, they can only use this potential as basic camouflage to hide their white fur. Theoretically, if a Blood Moon Maine Coon were to have sentience and enough spiritual energy, one could change shape.▪︎]

Wait, wait, wait, wait! That means that he can have a human form! He could have a human form! He just needs to take the ribbon around his neck off because from what he has guessed, it's probably restricting his Qi.

Okay, he needs to try this while Shen Qingqiu is still away because he isn't quite sure how the man would react to finding out that his pet beast Jing is a shapeshifter.

So if he can just get his paws under the ribbon and bring the knot that is at the back of his neck to the front. Aha! Okay, now he just needs to untie it. Fuck, why is it tied so securely?

He struggles with the knot for a while before it finally starts to loosen up a bit, and then the ribbon finally falls off. The happiness that Shen Yuan feels at being so close to getting a human form is almost equal to whatever that thing Shen Qingqiu gave him made him feel.

Now he just needs to change shape! He knows a bit about cultivation and beasts, due to accompanying Shen Qingqiu to lessons and his past life of reading cultivation novels, so changing the qi's shape comes to him pretty easily, easier than he would think.

It's a lot harder to apply to changing his own shape, but surprisingly, he already has a huge amount of energy, and it doesn't feel as difficult as described in some of the texts. Is this the potential that the info packet told him about?

It takes a while for him to fully get it, but there he is, he has a human form! He has ten fingers and toes! Shen Yuan can't help but grin while looking at himself.

-
Shen Yuan is too distracted to notice someone approaching the house, he's too distracted to notice someone opening the door, and he's too distracted to notice the wide-eyed Shen Qingqiu standing by the door.
_______________________________________________
The human form is here! Sorry for the big amount of unrelated lore about mooncoons and AsilO×O