The warm red pavilion

Now, at first, he thought it was a good thing for Shen Qingqiu to like him, but wasn't this a bit too much?

Honestly, Shen Yuan doesn't even have time to use the hole he had dug for sneaking out purposes, since Shen Qingqiu just takes him with him pretty much everywhere.

Shen Qingqiu is doing paperwork, Shen Yuan's there. Shen Qingqiu is teaching students, Shen Yuan's sitting nearby. But bringing him to a brothel is a bit much isn't it?

He did not want to see Shen Qingqiu having sex with the warm red pavilion prostitutes, besides isn't he a minor currently.

[User reached adulthood five days ago.]

The sudden voice made Shen Yuan jump in surprise. Since when were you back!? Shen Qingqiu looked down at him to see what's up.

[System found the source of the glitch and is currently requesting assistance from administrator 034. During the wait, the system will be providing service during all 24 hours of the day. Since the system is currently waiting for the glitch to be fixed there won't be any missions. Just stay put.]

Shen Yuan huffed. Could he file a complaint with this so-called 'administrator 034'?

At least there won't be tasks. He wouldn't mind having something to do, but the possibility of dying if he doesn't succeed? He'll just be glad that he doesn't have to do any. Who's administrator 034 anyways.

[User does not have clearance to obtaining that information.]

Okay, well, that was useless, so back on track. The scum villain of the story is currently carrying him to one of the rooms in the warm red pavilion.

Is Shen Qingqiu some creep who likes it when someone's watching? Well, I guess Shen Yuan isn't really a someone, but he's still a living being with intelligence!

-

He glanced down at Jing, who had suddenly flinched in his arms. The moon coon had been looking anxious ever since he brought it to the pavilion.

Perhaps it's all the different smells since the place uses different types of incenses. Well, it didn't look panicked, so it should be fine. With a soft sigh he opened the door that led to a fancily decorated room.

The madam knew to keep the room reserved for him, he pays her to do that, of course. He wasn't planning on coming here today, but after being cooped up at the peak for so long, he needs to relieve some stress.

He isn't sure why he brought Jing here either, but he doesn't mind the beast's company, so it'll probably be fine, as long as it doesn't bite.

He set Jing down on the soft bed, the beast slightly sank into the soft bedding. Shen Qingqiu set Xiu Ya down on the table, out of his reach.

The warm red pavilion is one of the few places where he does feel comfortable. It's something that no one can put a price on, in his opinion.

He sits down on the bed, and a few moments later, a woman with a warm smile enters the room.

She had long black hair and light brown eyes. Her robes were beautiful and elgant, but exposed too much skin to be called appropriate. The most noticable thing about her apperance was her beauty.

"You're here again, Master Shen," she says, seeming to notice Jing as she makes eye contact with the beast. "I didn't know you had a cat," she says politely to Shen Qingqiu. "I adopted it a few months ago," he answers.

-

When Shen Qingqiu had brought him into a brothel, this wasn't exactly what he was thinking of.

Currently, what had happened was that the lady, apparently called Chun Hua, had pet him for a while and talked with Shen Qingqiu for a bit, but strangely, it never evolved into sex.

Instead, what he now saw in front of him was Chun Hua hugging Shen Qingqiu softly and whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

He had never thought that the man who always had a cold, angry, arrogant, or panicked expression could look so peaceful and calm. Shen Qingqiu just hid his face in the embrace like a little kid.

It went on like that for a very long time. The woman's throat seemed to get sore as she eventually stopped whispering and just drew circles on Shen Qingqiu's back in a soothing manner.

It was the first time he had seen Shen Qingqiu so peaceful, something that was never described in the novel.

However, when the morning sun rose, Shen Qingqiu climbed out of bed with a strangely indifferent look as he left the embrace.

Chun Hua eventually excused herself. They stayed in the room a little longer until Shen Qingqiu picked him up and proceeded to talk to the madam about payment.

"Ah, hello Master Shen. Did you have a pleasant night?" The madam wasn't as beautiful as some of the workers, but she could certainly charm people with her looks if she so wished.

Shen Qingqiu answered with a quiet nod. "I assume that the payment is the same as always?" He continued verbally, to which the madam responded with a smile and a polite nod.

After paying, they left the pavilion and began wandering the streets instead. It reminds him a bit of when they first met. He's not quite sure why Shen Qingqiu doesn't just fly with his sword to the peak, instead, the peak lord wanders around and takes his time.

Anyways, Shen Yuan is hungry, so when they pass a food stall, he meows to get Shen Qingqiu's attention. He seems to get it as he glances at Shen Yuan and then at the cooked meat.

He eventually makes his way over to the food stall and orders some meat, not much, and then it really reminds him of their first meeting because Shen Qingqiu is just staring at the fire where the meat is cooked with an almost yearning gaze.

When Shen Qingqiu is handed their order, he places it on the ground and leans against a nearby wall while Shen Yuan eats.

Visiting the brothel was an interesting experience to say the least, but Shen Yuan would rather not get involved at all with things that get Shen Qingqiu turned into a human stick.

-

He's still not quite sure why he had brought Jing to the warm red pavilion, but he didn't regret it, to say the least. He's not quite sure how to feel about Jing.

The pest makes him feel a sort of comfort. That might be the right word. It's pathetic to admit, but he feels comforted by Jing's presence in his life. Can't he just bring Jing to the peak lord meeting too?
_______________________________________________
I got a thousand hits and over hundred kudos on AO3!!!! Yippiiii! Thank you for anyone reading. Even if it's any of the 18 people that have clicked onto this on wattpad.

Shen Nyan's taileOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara