The Shen brothers

So, it has now been about a week since he learned how to shapeshift. Not much between him and Shen Jiu had actually changed, only a few things.

Shen Jiu still pets him, and Shen Yuan is with him for most parts of the day, in cat form if they're outside. The new thing, though, is the coddling. Shen Jiu wouldn't fuss in the way someone usually does, but he knows Shen Jiu well enough that, in his case, this is coddling.

Sure, when Shen Jiu is teaching him cultivation, he can be harsh and a bit judgmental, but compared to the type of teaching the other disciples received, his doesn't even come close.

Shen Jiu generally seems to be disinterested in a lot of his disciples. His favorite is, of course, Ning Yingying, but Shen Yuan can't help but think that he's overtaking that position soon, if he hasn't already done so.

That's maybe the most important change; Shen Jiu is teaching him cultivation. He's only learned the basics and how to disguise oneself so far, but in his opinion, that's good because one can only learn so much in a week's time.

It actually is quite easy for him compared to the average person. Even if he wants to believe himself to be talented, it's probably related to his new body.

The easiest thing for him to do was shapeshifting, which sounds bizarre since it's impossible for quite a few creatures. He just needs something to base his form off of and a bit of understanding on how its body works.

In his previous life as jobless rich guy, he didn't really have any use for his knowledge in biology, but it has come in handy while testing all the forms that are possible.

Shapeshifting is also easy for him because what he thought previously to be the whole info packet was just a summary.

There's a lot more on shapeshifting in the more detailed version. There's even a cheesy love story about his supposed ancestors. Somehow it's better than any of the romance that was actually in PIDW.

He can take many forms, but he did live as a human for about twenty years, so he prefers using a human form most of the time. It is necessary for him to change into his natural one when he's outside or just low on energy.

At first, when he took the form of a human, Shen Yuan pretty much thought it to be identical to the one in his last life. He had the birthmark and all, but that thought didn't last long when he saw himself in the mirror.

He'd say it's because of how long it's been since he has seen his face. It's a bit hard to remember the details of his face.

Things like a birthmark are much easier to remember for him. He also thinks it's because of how much time he spends with Shen Jiu.

Basically, his face looks like a mix between Shen Jiu's and Shen Yuan's own from his previous life.

His physique was still the same, although the people in this world are unrealistically tall to be Chinese in the old times, so maybe he is a bit short when compared to people like Shen Jiu.

For the first few days, he wore Shen Qingqiu's clothes. Most of the time, their outfits still matched. Shen Yuan isn't sure why, but Shen Jiu ordered basically identical clothes.

With the face and the clothes, he looks like a smaller version of Shen Jiu, just with shorter hair.

Sometimes he's in an even smaller form that only reaches Shen Jiu's waist; it's to use less energy when keeping up the form, kind of like power saving mode.

Shen Jiu seems rather fond of it when he's like that. Shen Yuan doesn't really appriciate the amount of involutary cuddling, that he gets while in that form. He could technically just decide to be taller than Shen Jiu, but life's much better with a Peak Lord who's at ease.

Regardless of the distraction, he hasn't forgotten his goal. There's possibly another transmigrator, more specifically Peak Lord Shang Qinghua.

Shen Yuan honestly has been trying to sneak out, but with Shen Jiu constantly being close by, it's hard. Most of his time is spent with Shen Jiu.

Even though Shen Yuan now sleeps in a room outside the bamboo house that Shen Jiu has had empty previously. He actually pretty often ends up spending the night cuddling with Shen Jiu, in his beast form.

He has actually sort of become a bit like a mascot on the Qing Jing peak. He of course has to hide what he is and the discples so far have not caught on. He'd probably be drowned in pets if Shen Jiu didn't basically glare at every person who even approached Shen Yuan.

The disciples sometimes sneak pats and treats to him while Shen Jiu isn't looking during the lessons. Ming Fan specifically has a habit of doing that, but he suspects it's Ming Fan trying to be more favored by Shen Jiu.

Ming Fan seems to be convinced that through Shen Yuan is the best way to gain favor because of how angry Shen Jiu seemed to be when he thought that Ming Fan had done something to him.

The fact that Shen Jiu stopped being suspicious because of Shen Yuan's ability to shapeshift seemed to deepen the misunderstanding since Ming Fan doesn't know that his Shìzūn's cat is actually a person.

Today has actually been quite normal for him. He woke up and meditated after breakfast. Now he's lying on a pillow while listening to Shen Jiu teach his disciples.

He can notice that Shen Jiu isn't the best, nor is he the most patient teacher. The poor disciples could probably get better teaching from other peaks. Although Qing Jing Peak's library and knowledge on cultivation are pretty much unmatched.

Honestly, he's starting to get fed up with how Shen Jiu often behaves towards his disciples. He always either ignores them after teaching or only criticizes, which isn't a good way to teach.

It's not even that Shen Jiu doesn't know how to teach; he guides Shen Yuan way better than this. So he often makes use of being seen as a cat on days like these when Shen Jiu is just straight up being a bad teacher.

-

Shen Yuan hops off the pillow that he was lounging on and instead jumps on Shen Qingqiu's table. He makes very obvious eye contact with Shen Qingqiu and knocks the expensive bottle of ink off the table, right onto Shen Qingqiu's light robes.

Shen Qingqiu grabs him off the table and throws him somewhere aside with a whisper, "Don't start that again." The way Shen Qingqiu treats his disciples has been a topic that they have quarreled about once or twice.

The throw is quite gentle though, not intended to hurt. He might scold Shen Yuan when they're alone again, but right now they're in a room full of disciples, so Shen Qingqiu would just look crazy if he talked to an animal.

A few of the disciples almost laugh when Shen Yuan proceeds to knock over a sizable vase in the corner of the room.

_______________________________________________
This is a bit of a filler chapter. There's just some stuff discribing the current situation.