A Name Whispered

Sunny Dale High School lived up to its name. The hallways buzzed with students, their chatter a constant hum.

He, however, sat alone by the window, a stark contrast to the vibrant scene around him. His large, expressive eyes held a depth of unspoken emotions, his lips chapped from a nervous habit of biting them.

A dull ache throbbed in his chest, a familiar pang from years of bullying. He wasn't strong or wealthy, and unlike most students here, he didn't have the privilege of a complete family. Living with his grandma in a remote area felt isolated, and school only amplified that feeling.

The shrill ring of the bell shattered the relative quiet. A wave of students flooded the classroom, their laughter, and easy camaraderie, a stark contrast to his solitude. He closed his eyes, muttering a silent plea, "Please, not again."
His prayer went unanswered. A group of boys, led by the ever-present Minseok, swaggered towards him.

"Hey, Tete! Did someone get to you again?" Minseok sneered, his voice dripping with mock concern.

"Haha, yeah, it was probably you, Minseok. You forgot again. Right, Tete?" Another chimed in, eliciting snickers from the rest.

He flinched. They always called him 'Tete,' a childish nickname his grandma used. The memory of how it began still stung - a crowded supermarket, his desperate attempt to hide, and his grandma's oblivious call, "There you are, Tete!" It was a constant reminder of his vulnerability.

He yearned for a fresh start, a year without bullies or taunts. But hope was a fragile thing, easily shattered.

Just then, a tall figure entered the classroom. Mr. Baek, their strict homeroom teacher, his signature cane tapping rhythmically against the floor. A hush fell over the class.

"Settle down, everyone. Minseok, DoYoon, and others, what are you doing here? Get back to your own class," Mr. Baek boomed, his voice leaving no room for argument.

Relief washed over him. Maybe this year would be different.

As Minseok and his posse slunk back, a new face appeared at the doorway. This student, Jeon, was everything he wasn't - popular, athletic, and undeniably handsome. Rumors swirled around him, but he knew little beyond that.

"Jeon, to your seat by the window," Mr. Baek instructed, his eyes scanning the empty desks.

Jeon's gaze flickered across the classroom, landing on him for a brief moment before he moved to his assigned seat. A strange warmth bloomed in his chest, a flicker of curiosity replacing the usual dread.

The class droned on, Mr. Baek's lecture is a monotonous lull.

A whispered question pierced through the tedium. He looked up to meet Jeon's curious gaze.

"What's your name?" Jeon mouthed silently.

His heart hammered in his chest. Was he really...? A hesitant smile tugged at his lips.

"Ah, it's-s Kim Taehyung," he whispered back.

"Jeon Jungkook," came the reply, a hint of a smile playing on Jungkook's lips.

The simple exchange felt charged with a peculiar energy, a spark in the midst of Taehyung's ordinary day. As the bell rang, signaling the end of the class, Taehyung couldn't help but wonder if this year would be different after all.