First Wish, Many Questions

Jungkook's car pulled up in front of Taehyung's house. They both climbed out, and Taehyung started toward the door. He paused, glancing back at Jungkook, who remained beside his car.

"I washed the clothes you lent me," Taehyung said, grasping the doorknob.

Jungkook understood Taehyung's unspoken words. "Keep them," he replied. "They weren't for me. And I'll pick you up again." With that, Jungkook turned, said his goodbyes, and drove away.

Taehyung entered the house, gulped down a glass of water, and settled at the kitchen table, closing his eyes for a moment of quiet reflection.

-

"What... what wishes?" Taehyung stammered, his voice laced with confusion as he looked up at Jungkook.

"Three wishes, Tete," Jungkook said, approaching Taehyung on the bench. Taehyung felt a shiver crawl up his spine as Jungkook's warm breath brushed his ear. The nickname sent another jolt through him.

"My first wish is this," Jungkook declared firmly. "Whenever I'm free, I'll pick you up and drop you off. And whenever you're free, you'll spend time with me."

Taehyung, still grappling with Jungkook's motives, asked hesitantly, "What about your third wish?"

Jungkook simply chuckled, gently tucking a strand of hair behind Taehyung's ear. "That's it," he murmured. "Just the first wish. I know it might be confusing, but it's simple, really. We're both busy, and we barely see each other. So, I condensed it into one wish."

Jungkook remained tight-lipped about his second and third wishes, simply telling Taehyung to wait. Curiosity gnawed at Taehyung. What could these wishes be? He hoped they wouldn't be outrageous, but he felt trapped. Jungkook's sudden reappearance in his life remained a mystery. A wave of unease washed over Taehyung. He pushed these thoughts aside for the night, opting for sleep.

The first wish manifested that very evening. Jungkook invited Taehyung to dinner. Though reluctant, Taehyung felt bound to agree. They ended up at a seemingly ordinary restaurant.

While Taehyung eyed the place with a sense of recognition, Jungkook appeared out of place - a wealthy man in a casual setting.

Noticing Taehyung's stare, Jungkook explained, "I used to come here with friends. The barbecue is excellent."

They settled into a corner booth. Taehyung found himself struggling to swallow, his discomfort growing.

"I know you're uncomfortable with me," Jungkook admitted, taking a sip of soju. "I just wanted to... see you eat."

Taehyung froze. His chopsticks hovered in mid-air, a piece of meat forgotten. Instinctively, he gulped down a large amount of water. "I'm full," he managed to say, his voice strained.

-

Two days later, Jungkook arrived at Taehyung's house to pick him up. Taehyung had taken a leave of absence from the restaurant, something he rarely did.

They headed straight for the hospital and went to the doctor's office together. The doctor Taehyung saw was the same one who had examined Taehyung's grandma. He introduced himself to Taehyung as Dr. Kim Jiho.

Dr. Kim explained the surgery procedure in detail, informing them that it would be performed in three days. He also explained that Taehyung's grandmother would need to remain hospitalized for two months, followed by an additional recovery period at the hospital. After that, with everything going well, she shouldn't have any future heart problems.

Taehyung carefully committed everything to memory. Just three months, and his grandma would be fully recovered.

While Taehyung went to see his grandma in her room, Jungkook said he would wait outside. Taehyung simply nodded.

His grandma was overjoyed to see Taehyung. Due to his work schedule, Taehyung could only visit her on Sundays or whenever the restaurant gave him free time.

"Did Jungkook come with you?" his grandma inquired.

"Uh-huh, he's waiting outside right now," Taehyung replied softly. He then picked up his phone and called Jungkook, who was sitting outside the room.

"Grandma wants to see you," Taehyung said nervously, fiddling with his fingers.

Jungkook entered the room and greeted Taehyung's grandma. Her face lit up with happiness at his arrival. She bombarded him with questions about his life: what he'd been up to all these years, whether he was in a relationship.

Jungkook, sporting a smile, explained that he had been studying abroad in the States. He said he came back to Korea occasionally, but his stays were always brief. He had just recently returned and wasn't currently in a relationship.

As Taehyung observed them, he was reminded of the past, specifically the time Jungkook had first come to his house for dinner. Back then, his grandma had also peppered Jungkook with questions.

•─────⋅⋅─────•

Does anyone remember the famous taekook author, thetoiletvbroke, taniav, madikhushitae, taekook_lovemutual?

Fics, bad boy's baby, wrong lead, the host, counterfeit, wrong number??