Chapter 2

****

"When are we going to tell her?", Mrs Petrakis asked her husband.

"This evening, the sooner the better, we can't keep stalling", he sighed, you could see that he was dreading this evening.

Meanwhile, Amaya dressed for the office in her navy blue top and cooperate trousers, she applied minimal makeup, put her hair in a high pony tail leaving the strands that fell on her face, pairing that with her navy blue stilettos then she put on some jewelry. After her fit check, she put her necessities in her purse and picked up her phone, walking down the stairs. Her parents were still downstairs when she got there, they were in the living room now.

"I'm off to work mum, dad", she informed them as she passed the living room.

"Be home early today dear, I and your dad have something to discuss with you", her mum told her.

"Anything the problem ma?", She was worried now.

"It's nothing sweetheart, we'll talk about it when you come back", she smiled reassuringly.

"If you say so, bye mum, dad", she kissed them on the cheek before leaving the house. She entered her car zooming off.

****

Amaya's POV

I arrived at my company 'maria's designs', the two storey building looked so warm and inviting on the outside, it made butterflies flutter in my tummy. I was proud of it. Moving into the building, I greeted the doorman.

"Good morning, John"

"Good morning, ma'am", he greeted back much more enthusiastic.

"What have I told you about calling me ma'am John", I feigned an angry face.

"Sorry Amaya", He scratched the back of his head.

"Much better, how's your wife feeling?"

"She's doing well now, thank you", he answered, with that I continued strolling through the company. John was an elderly man that worked for my father before working for me. He's been in the company for years.

"Morning ma'am"

"Morning ma'am"

I heard loads of greetings from my employees to which I replied with my own. I finally reached my office which was on the second floor before slumping on my recliner seat. Mmmm, so comfy.

There was a knock on the door after a while as the person pushed open the door not waiting for a reply. Aria my best friend/co-owner waltzed in.

"Well do come in", I sighed shaking my head.

She had this habit of entering my office as she pleased. Well not that I mind. I love her. Aria was a bit taller than me, her 6'2 framed towered over my 5'9 one and she wasn't even making it fair. She loved to wear heels and had the body of a model. Her hair was blonde and straight compared to my curly brown ones. You could say she was stunning. I always envied her but she always told me I was equally beautiful, unlike her I was curvy in the right places.

"Hey girl", she walked over to my desk making herself comfortable on it.

"You know they're chairs for a reason right", I stated the obvious fact hinting at her to sit on the chair.

"Fine, your no fun, forget that, last night's party was epic, drinks, music and not to forget the handsome hunks", she sighed dreamily.

"Well miss handsome hunk, did you at least find yourself a man or are you still playing that game of yours", ria and I were different, she was the party type, I would rather stay home and watch a movie in the comfort of my bed, she didn't believe in love and preferred one night stands, I on the other hand was all about waiting for my prince charming and falling in love, call me crazy, I don't care.

"There was this one guy though, I thought he was the one but once he asked if we'll see each other again after we had sex, I had to tell him off", she was eating one of the chocolate bars she stole from my drawer by now.

"Of course", typical Ria. How did we become friends again?. Oh yeah, she saved me from some bullies back in high school. We've been inseparable since them.

"Yeah that reminds me, have you seen the latest news?", Now one thing we have in common, gossip.

"No but I'm guessing you're going to tell me now", half of my attention was on her, the other half was on the new clients designs. Needed to get it done by the end of today.

"Well rumors have it that Lucas O'Brien is getting married", that caught my attention, I paused my work.

"Which Lucas O'Brien?", I had to be sure.

"How many do you know? Lucas O'Brien, hotshot, famous billionaire, your celebrity crush", she hinted on the 'crush' part. I gave her a side eye  It wasn't news to anyone who knew me that I had a crush on Lucas but I would never admit it out loud.

"Firstly, he's not my crush, secondly, I thought they said he was gay", rias face was like 'don't play with me girl'.

"Well apparently that was just a rumor, this one might also be a rumor but most unlikely, I got my news straight from the source. Remember my cousin who works as his assistant, the one we made take secret pictures of him for us....", Why exactly does this girl know all my secrets. She doesn't just shut up. I can't believe she convinced me to do that.

".....he said he heard him telling his mum that he's ready to get married. We won't be too sure though till the news gets out. I wonder who the lucky girl will be. She gets to have all that handsomeness to herself. I would have loved to tap on that ass.", she had her day dream face on. Pervert.

I wasn't any less though. If this was true then this was the end of my crushing days😭😭.

969 words😏
I think we're getting better at this. Please don't forget to vote.