Chapter 8

Amaya's POV

"How about this one?", I walked out as I tried on the sixth dress of the night. We were at rias apartment. I had already informed my parents that I won't be back this night. Ria made me do a runway show for her. She made me try out her clothes because apparently mine were too modest. I was really exhausted by now.

"We've been at this for hours ria, I'm tired, at this rate we won't be going anywhere", I slumped on her bed.

"Oh stop whining", She walked into her closet probably looking for another dress for me to try on.

"This one looks gorgeous, try it on", she came out with a red skimpy short dress. I looked at her with a tired expression., she said the same thing for the six other dresses. "Last one, I promise".

I sighed as a stood up, "just because I love the colour red", I went into the bathroom to change. When I came out, ria was typing away on her phone.

"Please tell me this is the one", I pleaded as she looked up. She was busy gawking at me in awe.

"Definitely the one, you look so gorgeous Maya", I released the breath I didn't know I was holding before walking towards the mirror. I was shocked at what I saw. She was right, I actually looked gorgeous if not sexy even. The gown hugged my curves in all the right places showing my perfect figure like ria always told me.

"Girl I wish I had your kinda figure. I could tap on that ass. Sheesh", trust ria to always bring her perverted thoughts into every conversation. "Now that's done, let's get your make up in place", I sat at the vanity as ria did her magic. She was really quick and was a perfectionist.

I stood in front of the full length mirror now fully dressed with my makeup and my 5 inches heel which was the shortest pair that ria owned. I couldn't believe that the person in the mirror was me. Ria further took it upon herself to straighten my curls and tame them in a tight bun, the diamond earrings I wore glistening in the light. The makeup was very light because according to ria, I was already beautiful naturally. In conclusion, I could tap on my ass.

Ria was quick to dress up unlike me. She wore a short black spaghetti hand gown that pushed her breasts up and showed of her beautiful shape, paired with a pair of silver heels. She made herself up, straightened her hair and we were ready to go.

It was past 11 by now as we made it to the club. Ria drove us since I didn't bring my car. The sound of the loud music blasting through the speakers was the first thing I heard. Sweaty bodies rubbing against each other, the smell of alcohol in the air, couples making out at every corner. I tried to resist the urge to throw up. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

"Oh no you don't, stop overthinking it Maya", ria said to me like she could apparently hear my thoughts.

"But I didn't say anything", I tried to reason.

"I know that face Maya, you make it anytime you are rethinking your decision. Now come on before you change your mind", She dragged me through the sweaty bodies as we muttered a few 'sorry's' and 'excuse me's'. We finally made it to bar in one piece.

"Sup Ray", Ria greeted the bartender. Of course she was a regular here.

"Yo, Ria, didn't think I'll see you here on a Saturday night. And who's your pretty friend", he winked at me. I resisted the urge to bite back at him with an arrogant remark.

"This is my friend Maya. She's getting married to her crush soon. We came to celebrate", She emphasized on the getting married part probably to make it known to him that I'm taken which he probably got because he backed off. Crazy girl, why did she have to add the crush part😭.

"That's good news. What can I get you ladies?", He was off flirting mode now which I was thankful for.

"We'll start off with some shots", ria suggested.

"Coming right up", He placed two shots in front of us. "Enjoy"

"Well cheers to all crushes out there that ended up together", Ria said as we clinked our glasses. Of course she had to say it a little loud, making people close by stare at us like we were crazy.

We took a few more shots, I was a little tipsy by now. Ria didn't even look like she was drunk at all. I guess that's what happens when you're used to it. "Come on Maya, let's dance", ria dragged me to the dance floor. I just let her, I've decided to enjoy myself tonight.

We both took to the dance floor swaying our hips to the beat of the music. Money by Cardi-b began to play and i just let myself loose, twerking to the music as ria hyped me. People had turned to stare by now but I didn't care. The shots were kicking in.

The song changed as we continued dancing to the music. Ria had been stolen by some dude by now. Both of them sucking off each other's faces. I kept dancing though, midway i had another glass of drink.

I was swaying my hips when I noticed someone rocking me from behind. The smell of whiskey filling my nose. He was drunk. I didn't want to create a scene so I just moved his hands away from my hip pushing off him and kept dancing.

He kept coming closer though, this time trying to sneak his hands up my dress rubbing on my thighs. "Come on baby girl, you know you want it. I saw the way you were twerking that ass, with this gorgeous dress. It's like you were asking for me to notice you", his voice came off gruff. The stench of alcohol making me want to throw up.

"Hands off, now", my voice was firm. I was getting irritated by his words.

"Or what?", He was testing my patience. I shoved his hand off my thigh, squeezing it and twisting it behind his back. His facial expression changed hinting that he was in pain. Some people close to us had stopped dancing to stare at us. Some were looking at me with pride while some with disgust. The martial art class dad made me attend in high school was paying off now.

"Don't think that I'm weak just because I'm wearing a dress. Not every girl you see at a club is here for sex, get that in your head before you lay your fucking hands on another girl, am I clear", I whispered into his ears so he could hear me through the loud me.

"Yes", his voice was low. I twisted his hand harder.

"Yes, I heard you", He responded more clearly now.

I let his hand go. "Good, now scram", with that he ran pushing through the crowd, looking like he saw a ghost. I looked around to see people murmuring. I need a drink.

"Get me another glass please Ray", I told the bartender dropping my empty glass on the counter. He took it for a refill as I waited. I felt someone staring at me from the VIP section upstairs so I looked up. My eyes meeting with grey ones. I couldn't see the person's face clearly through the dim light but you could tell he was handsome, those eyes seem oddly familiar. For some reason I couldn't stop staring.

I was cut off from my staring competition by the bartender as he placed my filled glass in front of me. I thanked him as I turned back to the direction of the VIP section but mystery guy was nowhere to be seen. For some reason, I missed those eyes.

1317 words👍