Chapter 17

Lucas POV

"So let's cut to the chase", I went straight to the point. I had to get this done with before I change my mind.

"Have a seat", I nudged her, to which she complied. "So it's clear that we both don't want this marriage. It's an arranged marriage afterall, we both clearly don't want it", I watched as her expression changed. I wasn't sure but it seemed like she was sad at my statement. Somehow I was hoping that she would actually oppose to my statement. Like that would have mattered anyway.

Her lack of words demised my hope though. "So what are you getting at with this?", She asked still not looking at me, her face bent, looking down at her hands in her laps.

I brought out the contract I had asked my lawyer to prepare earlier this week and slid it over to her side. She looked up glancing at the contract before looking at me.

"It's a contract guiding the terms of our marriage, I believe the terms are best fitting this loveless arranged marriage we've unfortunately found ourselves in", I replied her unanswered question. I almost missed the look of disappointment in her eyes because of how quickly she masked it up.

She took the contract reading through it. I waited patiently for her to finish. She stood up very angry now, I would be too if I were in her shoes. The contents of the contract aren't exactly pleasing "What rubbish is this. What makes you think I'll agree to these terms?", She was angry now and mind me if I said she looks hotter when she's mad. Focus Lucas.

"You don't exactly have a choice", I retained my composure leaning back on my chair and looking at her.

"I think I do and I'm not going to follow up on this nonsense", She replied turning to leave.

"Your father's company won't say the same in this matter", I said once she was at the door. That made her stop. I didn't exactly want to use this but I didn't also expect this meeting to go smoothly.

She turned back to look at me. "What does my father's company have to do with this?"

"Sit down, let's talk", I pointed out the chair.

"I'lld prefer to stand", her attitude was much different from what it was before. She looked almost as scary as she did at the bar that night.

"Suit yourself. It turns out that your father borrowed a large sum of money from my father a long time ago when his company was in a state of crisis, my father was still heading the company then but since I'm in charge now, I can ask him to pay it up now and I'm pretty sure he won't be able to bring out that sum of money right now", I did some digging into her father's company just to find something to get me on the longer end of the deal. I found out that my father had helped her father out with some money when he was in trouble.

My dad didn't ask Mr Petrakis to pay back actually because it was just him helping his friend out but she doesn't have to know that. Ultimately, according to the rules of business, once the payment passes ten years, an extra commission of 100,000 is paid. She studied business so I knew she'd figure that out.

By her expression, I knew she had figured that part out. Smart girl. "How much?"

"5 million", I told her throwing the paper over to her side. I watched as she visibly gulped. That was a lot of money, even for her father. I also just happened to find out that her father bought a new building for her to enlarge her business. It was a wedding gift and I'm sorry to have to tell her about it now. It was all in the document.

She looked shattered and I so wanted to go over there and wrap my hands around her and kill anyone who caused her those tears but I couldn't cause I was the one. I knew I didn't have to do this, even with the strange feelings that I had for this girl, I couldn't just acknowledge that I loved her. That strange feeling however made me selfish.

Once mother talked about her getting married to someone else, it immediately made my blood boil. Like fuck I'll let anyone take her away from me. I knew I was being selfish, pulling her into this loveless marriage for my own selfish reasons but I wasn't thinking straight anymore. I just knew that I couldn't let anyone else have her, even if it meant her hating me.

"So what now?", She asked once she had composed herself.

"You just have to sign the contract if you agree to it and all your father's bills would have disappeared", I said really hoping that she'll sign it.

She sat down looking at the contract one more time before signing it. Ultimately signing her soul to the DEVIL.

"So let's go share the good news to our parents, shall we?", I said standing up.

868 words😢

I was crying through this chapter. I'm so sure that Amaya hates Lucas now. Did I take it too far?😢