Chapter 12

Amaya's POV

I woke up with a migraine. Shit, I'm never drinking this much ever again. I slowly open my eyes adapting to the light. I was more conscious now as memories from the previous night rolled in.

Party, drinks, dancing, threatening, grey eyes, leaving, feeling dizzy and my mind was blank after that. Gosh, I hope nothing happened. I recognized my surroundings, I was in ria's room now, my dress long gone and replaced with a pair of shirt and pants.

Ria walked in just then, a tray in her hands. She sighed happily when she saw me. "Finally, sleeping beauty has woken up", she dropped the tray on the bedside, it contained some hangover pills and water.

"What happened?, My head hurts, how did I get here?", A lot of questions were running through my head.

"Calm down tiger, take the pills first", I dunno why, but the word tiger caught my attention, like someone had told me this recently. I brushed it off as gulped down the pills with water. I scrunched up my face at the taste. I hate drugs.

"Done. Now can you tell me what happened?"

"What do you remember last?", She asked.

"I remember texting you that I was leaving, but I started feeling drowsy on the way out", I tried fishing through my memory but I couldn't remember anything else.

"Okay. I saw your message after a while and tried calling you. I called you a number of times and you didn't pick so I was really worried", I nodded my head prompting her to keep going. "I received your call after a while only it wasn't you on the line. I thought the worst so I began shouting at him and threatening him", ria scratched the back of her head at this. Of course she did, typical ria.

"It wasn't until his friend collected the phone and spoke that I calmed down. He explained how you were drugged and how he found you just in time, before those perverts could lay their hands on you", Fragments of my memory began to come back now. It was that drunk from earlier. I clenched my fist at the idea. I remembered those grey eyes, the same one from the mystery guy upstairs.

"He asked me to come pick you up at a room upstairs. I wasn't so sure if it was a prank so I had to take my pepper spray as backup. When I reached there though, it was only his friend that was there. He said he had something else to deal with. He introduced himself as Carlos, he was so strange, acting like I was going to kill him. If not for anything, I should be the scared one. He looked really scary with tattoos covering his bulgy arms and his really huge figure. I almost peed on my big girl pants. I was so sure he was going to kill me for shouting at him the way I did", trust ria to always do the craziest of things.

"He was very helpful though, he helped me carry you to his car and even drove us home. He even offered to send my car back. He said he was the owner of the bar and it was his responsibility. I think at a point he was more cute than scary", I caught ria blushing. What the, really? I had to meet the guy who made ria blush for real.

"Did you at least get he or his friends number?", I needed to thank them.

"Yeah, I got his number. I'll send it later", I nodded my head at that. I looked around the room, my eyes landing on the jacket on the couch.

"Whose is that?", Rias eyes drifted to where I was looking.

"I think it belonged to his friend. Your dress was torn and he used it to cover you up"

"Ohhh", was the only reply I could make up. That was really nice of him.

"Why don't you freshen up and come down, I'll serve breakfast", Ria stood up moving to her closet to get me some of her clothes.

"I called aunty and uncle, told them that you were going to spend the night and be back later today", ria continued talking, still looking for clothes.

"Hmmm", I stood up walking towards her. Something was wrong. Firstly ria doesn't cook and secondly, she was behaving really strangely.

"What is it ria? You know you can talk to me", I held her hands, turning her around to face me

"What do you mean?, Nothing is wrong", She tried avoiding my eyes. Now I'm sure that something is definitely wrong.

"I know you very well ria. Spill", I left no room for excuses. She sighed moving to the bed to sit down.

"I've just been thinking. Everything is all my fault, what if they managed to get their way with you. What if Carlos and his friend didn't find you. Then what. I would never have been able to live with myself, especially because I was the one who forced you to go"

Rias head was bent. I understood where she's coming from. It's not like I haven't thought about it. "But nothing happened ria and I'm safe. We should be grateful plus you didn't force me to go. I went on my free will because I wanted to, so don't blame yourself ria, okay?"

I held her chin up as I cleaned those tears, smiling at her she smiled back. Aria was everything but a bad friend. I knew she wasn't the best person but she was my best friend and I loved her.

"Now young lady, about that food. I'm starving", Aria laughed at my words. What a way to lighten the mood. I left to have a shower and change my clothes as she went downstairs.

After changing I went down to meet her in the kitchen, she was just setting the last of the plates when I sat down. "So what's for breakfast"

"It's actually lunch", ria laughed. I looked over to the wall clock to see that she was right. It was half past 1 now. Wow. I've been out for a while.

I opened the plate to see half burnt toast, along with some scrambled eggs that looked kinda edible and some bacon that looked slightly burnt too. I tried to eat it not wanting to damp rias mood. I took a bite of the toast and resisted the urge to throw up. I tried the scrambled eggs but it was too seasoned while the bacon was soo burnt and unseasoned.

I looked over at ria, she was already staring at me, having taken a bite out of her own plate. We both burst out in laughter together.

"Let's take note never to let me cook again"

"Agreed. Let's order pizza"

"Sure", our pizza came after a while then we cuddled up on the couch watching our favorite show 'gossip girls'.

I left to go home later at night after I had ria give me Carlos number. Mum and dad were out when I came back, they had gone for a friends anniversary dinner. I was soo exhausted that I slumped on my bed after having a quick shower. This past 24 hours has been a rollercoaster of events, I was more bothered about the fact that I was almost raped more than I showed ria. I couldn't imagine what would have been the turn of events if that actually happened.

One thing was sure though, I was never going to a club ever again. I drifted off to sleep before I could think about it anymore. Tomorrow was Monday, I have a busy schedule ahead.

1295 words

We're getting there guys. Tried making Amaya's POV longer today. I felt like it got boring at a point even🤧.