Chapter 7

Lucas POV

The week passed by fast and it was the weekend already. I was on my way to dinner at my parents. The crisp winter breeze filled the air. I pulled up at my parents house which was 4 miles from the city. They loved having the serene environment to themselves.

I moved out when I was 21 and so did my twin brothers, however we made it a tradition to meet every weekend. More like my mum made it, if it were up to her we would stay with her till we got married. According to her, we would forget about her once we leave. Like that's even possible, she makes sure to call us at least twice a week. She even used to pop up in our apartments when we moved out but I had to get her to stop.

I came out from the car grabbing Emilia's gift from the passenger seat. Walking up the stairs, the door flew open before I could knock, little arms wrapping around me. I smiled down at my 14 year old sister, my 6'8 frame towered over her small one which made her seem so tiny and fragile in my arms.

"Luca you're back", Emilia smiled at me after pulling out from the hug. "I missed you".

"I missed you too Leah, you've grown so big now", I ruffled her hair, she hated when I did that. She showed that with an angry puff.

"Of course, I'm almost a teenager", She stated proudly.

"How could I forget, miss teenager. Can we go in now, it's getting chilly outside", I laughed as I guided her inside. She took her gift running back into the house.

I walked into the living room to see the twins already there. "Hey bro", I high fived Asher and fist bumped Adrian. They were identical and we couldn't tell them apart most times. They used it to torture us when they were younger. Asher dyed his hair black and cut it short while Adrian had blonde long hair. He was the ladies man among the two.

"You're late, Leah didn't allow us to have dinner without you", it was Asher who spoke now. He's a big foodie. Leah stuck her tongue out at him as he did the same. Kids.

"Yeah, I was stuck up with some work at the office, where's mum and dad?", I asked sitting on the couch.

"Upstairs, they should be down any minute now", we chatted about our life's for a while as Leah piped in once in a while.

"Oh Lucas your finally here, seems like we're complete now", I looked up to see mum descending the stairs. Dad was right behind her.

"Good evening mum, dad", I greeted standing up.

"Evening son, can we eat now?", Mum smiled as we moved to the dining room.

We sat around the table as we exchanged small talks while the food was being served. Asher dug in immediately as Leah scolded him for being such a foodie and not waiting for everyone, to which he replied with a snarky remark.

"So bro, heard you're finally leaving bachelor life", Adrian spoke as we begun eating.

"Yeah", I answered monotonely as I looked in mum's direction.

"Sweet, more ladies for me"

After dinner, we all retired to the garden where we had some snacks and played some games. We laughed at Asher and Leah's childishness as they struggled over the last bar of chocolate. This was the only time I was really happy. With my family.

Once it was time to retire for the night. Adrian left first, then Asher as we chased Leah to bed. I met mum and dad in dad's home office.

"We've selected a girl for you, I know she's going to be just perfect for you. I'll send you her details first thing tomorrow morning. Her and her family will be coming to join us for dinner next weekend", Mum said, all smiles. Dad was also nodding with approval by her side.

"Okay mum", I stood up to leave bidding them goodnight and stopping at Leah's room. I knocked twice before opening the door. She was asleep already, the teddy bear I got her for her last birthday cuddled at her side. "Teenager she said", I laughed.

I planted a kiss on her head before retreating from the room. Heading out of the house I received a call from my secretary. "Boss we found the leach in our system", His voice sounded from the other end. Finally. One of my employees dared to test my patience by leaking information about our investments to one of my rivals.

"Where?"

"Club Gold. He seems to be celebrating his success", I smirked. Coincidentally I happened to know the owner of that bar quite well.

"Don't do anything. I'm on my way"

"Yes boss", I cut the call before I dialed another number. He picked on the third right.

"I need a favor"

Another chapter down

835 words😉