Chapter 6

Lucas POV

"Good afternoon dad, mum", I stood as my parents entered the office, "to what do I owe this visit", I headed straight to the point. I see them every weekend, no need for unnecessary familiarities.

"Straight to the point I see", dad said sitting on the couch in my office beside mum as I joined them on the couch opposite.

"You know why we're here son".

"If this is about me getting married, I've told you time without number that I won't", I stated still sipping from my glass of whiskey.

"Then you've left me no choice, if you're not going to get married and continue your lineage, I have no other option than to hand the business over to your cousin Leonard", dad's face was straight as he spoke. Mum sighed beside him, I could tell that she didn't want this.

"You can't do that dad, the company is mine", I was trying to keep my cool right now, dad knew how much I despised Leonard.

"I can and I will, I'm still the companies biggest shareholder, your brothers have no interest in the business and you're not getting any younger, your almost 30, I need to make sure that the lineage is clear", Dad had the same temper as me but he did better in keeping his in check.

"30 dad not 50, I still have a long way to go, I don't need any distractions now", I was gripping the glass so hard now I was afraid that it would break.

"I've said all I have to, now it your decision to make", with that he stood up and left. My anger got the best of me and I ended up breaking the cups in my hand, what did he take me for? A child?. I hadn't realized that mum was still there until she held my hand removing the broken glass that pierced into my flesh and cleaning up the wound.

"You and your father are so alike in many ways, for example, the both of you have this ugly temper and you look like the Grinch when you're angry", she smiled looking up at me, I couldn't help but smile too, mum knew just how to lighten the mood. "Your father and i only want the best for you, I'm not meant to tell you this but your uncle came to the mansion yesterday, he came with your cousin Leonard and his wife who's pregnant, he was bragging and talking about how Leonard will end up taking over the company since it's rumoured that you hate women and you won't be able to have an heir...."

".... your father won't give the company to your cousin, he's just trying to use your feud with your cousin to his advantage, you know he loves you", mum ended as she bandaged the hand. Those bastards!!!. "So now you understand why you're dad is being harsh, just think about it, you can even pick a girl of your choice", she placed the fist aid box back in it's place and stood up picking up her bag. "I better go check on your father now, hopefully he hasn't broken anything yet", I stopped her before she could leave.

"Mum"

"Yes dear"

"you choose a girl for me, I trust your decision", the expression on her face showed she was shocked. I mean I would be too, I just placed my fate in her hands.

"Does that mean you've agreed to it?", I just nodded with a small smile.

"I promise it's the right choice, I'll go tell your father about it", she smiled patting my cheek before leaving. I really hope I made the right choice.

"Oh yes, before I forget. Remember dinner this weekend, your sister has been asking about you", the thought of my little sister made me smile.

"Sure mom"

650 words🥲

Sorry this chapter is a little bit shorter.

Thought i'lld post a little earlier to make up for yesterdays short chapter. 😊