Chapter 13

Lucas POV

I input my door passcode as I entered into my penthouse. The black and white interior befitting my cold demeanor. The house was so cold, I'd gotten so used to it, noone to wait up for me. No home cooked meal to come back to. My housekeeper only came in on the weekdays.

I had finished the breakfast meeting earlier, Mr Brian and his wife were a nice elderly couple that didn't have any children of their own. They wanted to sell off their business in New Zealand and start off a new life in London. They wanted to enjoy the rest of their elderly years without having any problems.

After some talking, I had convinced them to sell me their restaurants. They were into restaurant business and had a few restaurants around the city. The business had been failing after Mr Brian had a sudden heart attack. It took alot on the couples money, they had to let off some of their staffs. The business hadn't been booming since then, even after Mr Brian was discharged from the hospital. I'm guessing the business meant a lot to the both of them because it took a lot of time and convincing for them to finally agree to sell it.

That's why I couldn't stay back when my secretary called me, even though I wanted to stay back. I decided to buy the restaurants, i wanted to expand my business, make it bigger. Don't get me wrong, the hotel business was booming but it was getting boring. I wanted more.

We discussed the price over breakfast after which we talked about random things and they expressed their want for me to meet a girl whom they claimed was like a daughter to them. To which I was forced to tell them that I was already getting married, they were disappointed of course but they sent me their best wishes.

They were a very cute couple that it was hard to remain my cold self in front of them. Their love was so genuine, it almost reminded me of....I shook my head at my choice of thoughts.

I offered to drive them to the airport but they already had it covered, I wished them the best, promising to get their business back to shape again.

I freshened up and headed to the kitchen to prepare something, it was evening already. I might as well settle for dinner. Don't get me wrong, I knew how to cook, growing up, I had to learn how to cook after mum passed away. At times when nanny Chen wasn't around or was on leave, I used to just make something for the twins. I had to make nanny Chen teach me how to cook after a while. It's just that I spent most of my time in the office and less at home that I was so used to restaurant food and take out by now.

I decided on some spaghetti, finishing it off with soy sauce and got a bottle of red wine from the wine cellar. Making my self comfortable on the sit out chair, I enjoyed the sun setting. It was nice to just be myself for a while.

Of course nothing goes as planned and Carlos just had to call me at that moment.

"What a friend I have. He didn't even call to check if I'm alive or not", Carlos said ever dramatically. Who would ever believe such a feared man would have such a childish side to him.

"Don't worry Carlos, nothing happened to you. You're okay", I pinched brows together, I didn't have time for this.

He began muttering something on the other side. "How is she?", I asked the question that had been bothering me since I left.

"Who?",He was testing my patience.

"Don't play games with me Carlos. I'm not in the mood right now, I'm really tired"

"Sheesh, chill out bro. You or her friend, I dunno who's worse. Well to answer your question, she's fine. Her friend came to pick her up, after which I sent them home. I gave her my number in case they wanted to contact us"