2. "Lunchbox Letter"

"Samson!!" Joey shouts on top of his lungs, trying to compete against the tens of kids laughing and shouting in the hallway, on their way to the cafeteria. "We're over here!"

Sam turns to the group of about eleven boys and shrieks.

So many.. I swear they reproduce asexually and double every day..

Within the week, he was trying his best not to hang around his crowd of friends so often. It was often so chaotic, and a lot of them were so immature. He always felt like the parent in the bunch when they went out and half of them acted like animals, always risking getting kicked out of stores and restaurants. Most of the group consisted of basketball boys, all of them were boys participating in more than one school sport. He was part of the popular athletic crew. This year, he's just felt the need to be more independent. He was cool with his group of four. Kyle, Joey, and Tanner and him, but when it was the whole squad it was just too much. It was like having a party every day. In which, they actually did frequently host parties. Sam didn't want to avoid them or anything. He loved his friends, but he also loved some peace and quiet every once in a while.. which is very reasonable.

He looked away, acting as if he hadn't heard Kyle, but it was no use once Kyle started walking faster towards him as Sam tried to find the nearest exit.

"Samsung!!" Kyle exclaimed, running towards him.

Sam dropped his shoulders. "Oh um- Hey, Kyle. I was gonna head to the library to do some homework for the next period I forgot." Sam lies through his teeth.

"Man, you need to frickin' eat, you always do this. Hey- you want us to come with you?" Kyle suggests, pointing out the group of boys all waiting  for Sam.

Sam sighs, giving in. "No, we'll end up getting kicked out if I bring all of you.." Sam look from the end of the hallway leading to the library to the cafeteria entrance. "Nevermind it, I'll go to lunch with you guys."

Kyle cheered and wrapped his arm around Sam's shoulder, leading him to the cafeteria.

They make it inside the crowded cafeteria and approach an empty table somehow always reserved for every one of the boys.

No one knows not to touch this specific table. How much privilege does Samson really have over the students in this school? Sam thought. He was always favored and loved, until Casey. Anyone who tried to go against Sam, there were always people to back him up. When it came to Casey, nobody had the guts to stand up to him. The stories of people who have tried to are brutal and traumatizing.

No one would dare.

Sam would push it to the edge, not fat enough to completely tick off Casey. The worst Casey had done to him was beat him up.. and that was ever so often in middle school.

Sam waited until Kyle was too busy mingling with other people. He kept his head down so he wasn't as presentable, worried other people would approach him as well. He crept his way out of the cafeteria. Once free, he made his way to the stairs. He needed to find a place where no one would find him, somewhere where he wouldn't get in trouble for going.

Just as he holds a firm grasp onto the staircase railing, someone calls Samson's name. The voice of a girl. It's soft and gentle. A bit recognizable. Sam turns around to find Wendy. Her hair long by her sides as she draws it out over her shoulder.

"Hi, Sam."

"..Hey, Wendy."

"Why aren't you with the boys?" Wendy asks, walking up to him slowly, hesitant as to when she should stop.

"Um.. I need a break from them. If they ask, you didn't see me." Sam says.

Wendy knows how to keep a secret.

Letter To Caseyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें