10. "I don't want the pot, I want you."

Sam casually walks through the greenhouse, leading Casey to the corpse flower. Again, he mentioned. The greenhouse was quite big, but Casey didn't believe it until he'd seen it.

"Are those Tennessee coneflowers?" Casey asked, pointing to a bunch of flowers over the stairs. "I can see the corpse flowers from here. Three?"

'Special' flowers are upstairs. That's where we're headed.

"Epiphyllum oxypetalum."

Sam laughs. "Who calls it that?" Sam asks. "Queen of the Nights."

They were lined up on the staircase railing. He brushes his hands through them as he goes up the stairs.

Casey takes out his phone to take pictures. "These are beautiful." He says, looking down at the photos on his phone.

Sam looks back to see a satisfied smile planted on his face, causing him to look away. He continued up the stairs, walking ahead. He stood by the blue roses as Casey made it up the last step, his eyes fixed on the titan arum corpse flower. Sam clears his throat to draw his attention. When Casey sees the blue roses he immediately sprints over.

"This is amazing!" Casey shouts, amazed crouching down to the roses.

I guess he's more interested in the roses than the corpse flower.

"I could put one in a pot for you."

"No, don't owe me anything." Casey looks up at him as if waiting for a response.

Sam just rolls his eyes, picking up a purple pot from a nearby side-table. He hands it out to Casey, just for Casey to push it away and refuse again. Sam resists the push, trying to back his hand away, and Casey tells him to stop. Samson crouches down, putting soil in the pot.

Just as he's about to grab a rose, Casey snatches the pot from him. "I said no."

"Come on!" Sam shouts, reaching for the pot, but it's caught by Casey's hand.

"I don't want the pot."

He didn't see Casey reach his hand for him. He grabs Sam's chin and pulls him towards him. He looked as if he was confused, not really sure of what he was doing. Just as Sam was about to pull his arm away, his gaze fell on Casey's eyes.

Those deep sea eyes, staring into his eyes. It looked as if he was staring into a void.

Casey's thumb reaches up from Sam's chin, drawing it across Sam's bottom lip.

Sam's heart starts to pound, his head feeling a little light and heated. His empty stomach contorting.

"Do you wanna try it?" Casey asks. "My treat."

Try it?

Sam looks at him, confused.

"Kissing. Do you want to kiss?" Casey clarifies. "I'm asking because you just looked like you really wanted to."

I did?

"So-?"

Sam realized he was silent for too long, panicked, and quickly responded, "Yes.- No! I mean- I've never.." He doesn't finish his sentence, and goes silent again, in embarrassment.

"I'll guide you." Casey offers.

Sam's reluctant to reply. "Okay.." He says. He's afraid that if he looked down he'd see his heart beating out of his chest, because that's what it felt like. He wanted to ask Casey what led him to ask such a thing. A kiss?

Isn't he straight?

"I just want to give it a try." He concludes. "It's just a kiss." He shrugs.