4. "Delinquent Diciple"

Sam's body felt heavier than most days. He feared everything that took place around him. Jumpy at the touch of a shoulder. He made sure to keep away and make sure he wasn't in Casey's reach wherever he went. He could keep at this for half of the school day. He was afraid that when lunch hit, he didn't have many places to hide. The rooftop was Casey's territory, under the staircase, unused club classes, and literally every spot kids would use to skip, outside and in. Within just a few words Casey could ruin his entire reputation. He knew he probably shouldn't be avoiding him, but he just couldn't face him either. He was so embarrassed he couldn't even look at Casey now that he knows that he likes him.

As for Casey, he didn't know entirely what to think. After all, when he first read the love letter he immediately assumed it was a joke, and Sam was just trying to make a fool out of him. A sick joke. It seems Casey didn't know Samson at all, he realized. Noticing, he didn't know anyone, really. The first thing Casey can do when approaching and greeting a person is threaten them, as if he doesn't know how to do anything else. It's sad. He criticizes himself, gets angry, then criticizes the people, then criticizes himself for criticizing the people, and it turns into this big cycle.

Casey needs help.
He doesn't have any friends.
He doesn't know how to make friends.
Almost as if he doesn't know how to be nice.

He's never in a good mood, he's a very negative person, he gets mad at almost everything.

What Casey hates most is typical highschool popular kids. For some reason Samson was always an exception. He could tell from afar that Sam didn't always feel to belong in such big groups of people.

He pitied him.

If the letter had been from anyone but Sam it would've already been around the school.

But he was slowly regretting not doing that in the first place. Samson was avoiding him, and wasn't returning his messages.

Sam was sitting by a tree in the school's back courtyard during his free period.

He checks his phone, finding several notifications from his friend group chat..

Tanner: Hey manz. yall herd some bit ch likes fkin Casey Waldon

Kyle: Casey? Wtf?

Joey: That man scares me

Tanner: Yeh man

Dev: SO WHY DO GOOD GIIRLSS LIKE BAD GUYSS?

Kyle: Do yk who

Joey: I HAD THIS QUESTION FOR A REAL LONG TIIME

Tanner: No, only heard cz liek mad ppl talkn boutit but no 1 nos who

Kyle: Tis prolly fake news then. He be fuckin mad bitches idc n e ways.

Sam threw his phone face down on the ground. He should've expected it, knowing how reckless Casey was. He got up, and ran inside the building in search of him.

What if everyone already knows?! What if it gets to my friends?!

Just as he makes his way through the door he's grabbed by a set of arms. He could now make up the familiar rough touch without looking.

Casey pulled him back outside. Samson tumbled, falling onto the ground and onto his butt. He favors it as he looks up at the boy crouching before him. Meeting face-to-face. "You said you wouldn't tell anyone!"

"And you said you wouldn't run and hide." Casey grunts. Fighting the urge to beat Sam to a pulp for trying to test him. "So who's really at fault?"

Sam launches himself at Casey, and desperately tugged at his shirt. "You said! Did you show the letter? Did everyone read it?!" There was a panicked glow within his eyes. Or more.. terrified. Sam was terrified of what was to come if people were to find out about his feelings for Casey.