8. "I wrote a letter."

"Alright, just imagine I'm Casey."

Danny obnoxiously walks like a frat boy from the doorframe across the living room. He's holding his pants up in the front and leaning his crotch forward as he crouch-walks

Sam stood awkwardly just watching him. "Okay, what the fuck are you doing? He does not walk like that.. remind me why we're doing this again."

"You want him to like you, don't you?"

"Well he's never going to, Danny. I don't understand the point of this." He looks him up and down. "-And you look like a dumbass."

"Your negativity and self-doubt is what's going to get him to never like you!" Danny shouts.

Sam holds his shoulders up and spreads his arms, pretending to look around. "Well, what the hell am I supposed to do?!"

"I don't fucking know! Stick your ass out and do the chika dance! Seduce him!"

"No, Danny!-" Sam pinches his nose. "He wouldn't even consider being my friend!"

Danny grunts and throws his head back.

During Casey's little phase with his two girlfriends, Samson got a little tired of it. Occasionally walking away or refusing to do little tasks. He got a bit too comfortable when Casey was too busy to do anything and eventually Casey brought the little letter to school one day and waved it around in his face in the middle of the hallway, where there were plenty of people.

It was humiliating for Sam.

He is just so tired of the picking-on, the using, and the neglect!

The neglect.

Samson wishes he would just pay a little more attention to him.

To be there not just for some favor.

Joey walks in, yawning. Danny and Joey had spent the night at Sam's. Originally, he would've only invited Kyle over, but Kyle had no idea what had been going on the past two weeks, and Kyle's kind of mad at him.
Super mad.

"What are you two doing?" Joey asks.

Danny puts a hand on his hip. "I'm pretending to be Samson's crush." He says. "Show him how it's done, Joey. Pretend you're Sam."

"Gotchu." Joey smirks and walks over to Danny. He obnoxiously postures like a model and draws his hair back. "Hey babe, you look sexy in that tight outfit." He looks Danny up and down. "You free tonight?"

"I'm free only for you, baby." Danny sways his hips, causing them both to break character and laugh. "Alright, now smack my ass for dramatic cause." Danny whispers to Joey.

"That's enough.." Sam puts his hand up and looks away to shield himself from the unpleasant scenery.

"So.. who's the girl? You actually got a crush? Been years, man." Joey lifts his eyebrows in shock.

"No one." Both Sam and Danny say in unison, and then side-eye each other.

"I mean- we were just playing." Sam scratches his neck and checks the time.

"Oh, alright. Oh yeah! You wanna try out this weird cardio routine Tanner just sent me?" Joey asked, showing Sam his phone. Danny peeks in for a look, and Joey then shoves his phone in Danny's face."

"Yeah, let me just say bye to my dad before he leaves for work." Sam wiggles his phone towards them, revealing the time. He makes his way to the kitchen, where his dad was packing his duffel bag he always had with him. He was scavenging around, most likely looking for his keys.