Chapter 12

Spencer didn't ring the bell. He used his spare keys to open the door. Inside the house, John was watching TV.

John said Hi to his brother. But, he didn't hear it. John tried to talk to his brother again. He was talking about how his day went. However, Spencer paid no heed to this. He twisted his bedroom's knob and muttered a small, "Shut up!"

John realised something was wrong so he didn't push his brother further. He went back to watching TV.

Spencer entered his room and looked for his notebook. Only his notebook can calm him. He looked at his table, then he looked in the drawers..but nothing. It was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, his phone buzzed. It was Eleanor.
"Your notebook is with me. You left it in the restaurant."

He thought. Now, he had nothing to do to get his mind off things.

He laid on his bed and closed his eyes. He could remember their faces-Sarah, Jayden and Mike. His friends... his best friends.

Sarah, Mike, Jayden and Spencer have been friends since high school. After graduating, they started a band. Spencer used to produce music.

Everything was fine. They got a chance to perform at a big event. To celebrate this, they went out to party.

On their way back, Spencer told them something, "Guys, I think it's my last performance. I got an offer to study overseas. I can study illustration there. I can pursue my dream."

The other three were shocked. How could he? He was their producer. If he left what would happen to the team?

Mike was in the driving seat and Jayden was in the passenger seat. Spencer and Sarah sat in the back seat.

Sarah grabbed his hand, "Why are you leaving? Please don't leave." Spencer had some sort of attraction towards her. She was aware of that. Maybe, she had thought if she requested he would stay. But, he was determined. He was leaving.

He said, "No. I am leaving."

A big argument broke out between Jayden and Spencer. It was a verbal fight. At one point, Sarah started yelling too. Suddenly, Mike lost his calm and turned back to stop them all.

That's when that incident happened, their car met an accident. It was a devastating accident. Spencer somehow managed to get out. Sarah started screaming from the car, "Get help! Get help!" But, he didn't have enough energy. Still, he tried to drag them out. But, it was in vain.

Jayden noticed that the oil was leaking. Soon, a fire would start. He said to Spencer, "Leave! Save yourself."

Spencer refused to leave. He went to Mike to somehow drag him out. But, Mike pushed him back. Suddenly, one side of the car caught fire.

Mike said, "Go! Please! At least one of us should leave."

Spencer somehow stood up. He had to get help. Maybe, if he could somehow find someone. He somehow started running. But, after some time he lost consciousness. When he woke up he was in the hospital. A passerby had found him and contacted his family members.

None of his friends were alive. If only he hadn't mentioned leaving, none of this would have occurred.

He got up from his bed and opened a drawer. He saw an album. He opened the album and saw his and his friends' pictures. They were so happy. He killed his friend's smiles. He didn't deserve to live. Why was he alive?

He slammed his table. He should have died. What was he thinking? Getting back, in the real world, would make everything fine. He was a murderer! He was a killer.

He threw the album away.

Suddenly, he lost it. He started screaming and crying badly.

John heard his screams and started knocking on the door, "What's wrong? Open the door."

Spencer made a failed attempt to erase his tears and made sure the door was locked. Then, he yelled, "Go away! I am fine."

John protested, "But, you are not!"

He yelled again, "I won't die don't worry! No matter how bad I am I won't die. That's my punishment."

Crying he leaned against the doorframe and slowly sat down curled in a ball. John continued banging on the door. Slowly, he stopped. Spencer thought maybe he had gone away.

Spencer ran his fingers through his hair and started crying badly again. He had thought that maybe he could live a normal life now. But, he was wrong. He was a murderer after all. This was the truth and it won't change ever.

He thought he had finally found a friend in Eleanor.. but maybe he was wrong. After all, all his friends met a sad end. What if she had a sad end too...