Chapter 15

John said pointing at Noah,"This is Amelia's brother. He came to meet you."

Noah put his hand on John's shoulder,"Yes. I thought we could have a boy's talk. Let's go inside!"

Spencer quickly said,"Sit in the living room. I will be back in a minute." He ran to his room. Looking at the mirror he thought,"Don't panic! Don't panic! It's fine. Remember, what mom said? You have to make friends. Be happy. Keep a smile in your face. You can always make yourself distant from them if you sense danger."

Finally, he returned,"Sorry, I had to wrap things up." He noticed the snacks and drinks on the tea table.

Noah gave a warm smile this time,"No problem. Take a seat. So, how's life treating you? How was work with Eleanor?"

Spencer took a sip of the drink,"Good I guess." John said eagerly,"Can you give us some spoilers, please? We won't tell anyone. Maybe, we can help you."

He thought for a while," I don't know if it's allowed." But, he saw the two boys giving him puppy eyes. Suddenly, Noah remembered something,"Oh, wait! Eleanor told me Penny said that her characters feel detached."

Spencer was surprised that she told him that. Noah observed the surprise in John and Spencer's eyes. He shrugged,"She's my best friend. She tells me everything. Infact, I think I am her only friend."

John argued,"Hey, I am her friend too! I play games with her." He argued back,"I watch football match with her and sometimes eat dinner with her." A fight was about to happen but Spencer managed to avoid it. With his hands, he made a cross scene and yelled,"NO FIGHT!" The two boys became silent.

He took a deep breath and said,"Yes. Also there's not enough romance? I mean, it's been eight chapters and they have just met only."

Noah folded his hands and started nodding,"Eleanor always had a problem with romantic stuffs. Why don't you suggest something?"

Spencer was surprised,"Yes,you."

John said,"How about a hug?"

His older brother frowned,"They haven't held hands yet."

John suggested again,"Accidental kiss!"

Both Spencer and Noah started saying different things, "How did you get this idea?" "What drama are you watching?"

Noah made a fake gag and said,"Absolutely not. How about a headpat?"

Spencer and John gave him questionable looks. In his defense,Noah said,"Why are you looking like that? Headpats are magic. Someone's feeling down? Headpat. Someone's crying? Headpat. Reassurance? Headpat. It works in real life too." Everytime Noah mentioned "headpat" He enacted the part on an imaginary person. After this, different romantic activities were suggested like-shoulder lean, hands on shoulder etc. Spencer was somewhat liking this chat. It seemed friendly.

Meanwhile, Penny was scolding Eleanor,"Why didn't you show me the draft first? Why did you directly give it to Spencer?"

Eleanor ate a spoonful of her chocolate ice-cream and then said,"Well, you have to check the draft after he draws anyway.."

Her editor sighed,"Seriously? Whatever, why are you writing a generic story? What is this a school love story? Why?"

The writer raised her eyebrows,"I just want to. What do you want me to write exactly? A vampire love story? Or a werewolf mate love story?"

Penny shrugged,"Maybe? That appeals to most of the readers."

Eleanor corrected her,"A certain group of readers. I dont think I have ever read those after I was 15. It's like a phase actually. My book is meant for older people and I am not adding these tropes."

Penny sighed again. There's no use of arguing with Eleanor.

This time she tried to divert the topic,"Alex told that the first draft needs to be finished within 4 months."

Finally,Eleanor finished her ice-cream. Setting the bowl aside, she said,"No. Its not logical. How can I finish the story within 4 months? Even if I do it, can Spencer finish the illustration? No, he can't."

Penny lost her patience,"Look you need to finish the story within 4 months and Spencer will get 2 months more that means 6 months in total to finish the illustration."

Eleanor kept signing "No" by shaking her head.

Penny continued,"I need my paycheck, come on."

Eleanor folded her hands,"Why? Because you want to get into Fashion School?"

Penny nodded. Eleanor laughed mockingly. She stood up and raised her voice,"Alex wants to be a board member . You want money to fulfil your dream. Are any of even worried about me? All of you are using me."

Penny tried to calm her down,"We can talk about this calmly."

She yelled,"NO! We can't!"

Penny tried again,"Eleanor, please! Listen to me.."

But, Penny got a call. She looked at Eleanor helplessly and picked up the call. Eleanor heard her speaking on the phone. Penny hung the phone and said,"I need to go. My mom is in the hospital."

Penny's mother became unconscious in the market. The passer-bys called an emergency number saved in her phone and that person brought her to the hospital.

Penny rushed to the hospital. She met the doctor. Her mother was quite stable now. The doctor said,"Your mother is stressing too much. Her health is not too good. Too much stress is very harmful."

Penny thanked the doctor and went to meet the person who brought her mom to the hospital. The person turned to her. It was Noah.

She said,"Noah? I didn't know my mom had your contacts saved as an emergency number."

Noah scratched the back of his neck,"I think she never deleted my number even after we well...me and you, drifted apart. I am pretty sure she had your number saved too. But, you know N comes before P. So, my number was first, I guess. That's why, people called me."

Penny smiled," Its completely fine."

He smiled back,"I should go now. Take care of her please." He started to leave but Penny called him back,"Noah!". He turned back. She smiled,"Thank you."

He smiled back and nodded.