LOVE: 6

(Ssh, I'm writing another SUNSUN novel side by side :))

Monday struck like lightening in Jake's life. He wasn't always the cleanest, nor the most organised, nor the most tidy but he knew his stuff. It was his first day today but my boy had forgotten where had he kept his ID card. "Gosh, why today?!", he mentally cursed at his misfortune.

He couldn't be late today, not by even a single DARNED minute but it seemed like it was inevitable. He was seen dashing around his room and the whole house, looking for his shoes, his watch and most importantly his ID without which, he would not get a permit inside the college. "WHERE IT IS?!", he yelled, frustrated. "Who the hell is barking, early morning?", yelled Sunghoon, who came out while brushing his teeth.

"BARKING?! I CAN'T FIND MY ID, DUDE.", Jake snapped. "Bruh, it's eight. You have an hour before the college starts. Chill, we'll find it.", Sunghoon assured.

But...

Boy they ran for their career's sake. It was already five minutes past nine, meaning they had lesser and narrower chances of making it to college. It took them a good forty five minutes to find Jake's seemingly 'lost and unfound' ID card. They later discovered that he was already wearing it-

Unfortunate. Really...

After a hot ten minutes of bickering and scolding, they finally realised that they were LATE! Earth to these idiots.

Sunghoon, not giving a f*ck about the world, dashed out of the house, without his shoes. "Hey! Your shoes, man!", Jake exclaimed, running behind him with his water bottle in one hand, his shoulder bearing the weight of his bag, his shoelaces untied, his collar dismissed and Sunghoon's shoes, almost managing to stay in his grip.

Inside the classroom, however, was strangely quiet corner. Heeseung may not be the most open, but his classmates loved him for his wit and humour. To their surprise, he was sitting eerily quiet today and was seen taking continuous glances towards the door, as if waiting for someone.

He felt saddened, he felt dull, he felt miserable. "What wasn't he here by now?", was his only thought. To add to his dismay, the teacher was coming towards the classroom and after he entered, no one, NOT EVEN THE PRINCIPAL'S SON, was allowed in the classroom. He took slower steps, looking weary and tired as the class huffed a sigh of sadness.

They were astonished when two boys dashed in the classroom, centimetres before the teacher did. Heeseung's face lit up seeing the person that stood in front of the classroom along with the actual, 'Principal's son'.

Jake scratched his nape awkwardly, discovering that he had just become the centre of the class' attention. He looked around, trying to find a particular someone and to his very delight, he found the person. Heeseung.

It was an absolute miracle that they were in same classes, given that Jake had joined mid-semester. It was highly unlikely but maybe, even God wants them together. Heeseung waved at him, his heart thumping, seeing the beauty that he once saw on the video call.

They stared at each other, forgetting about the world until someone interrupted them. Unfortunately.

"Uhm. Young gentlemen?", the professor asked. Jake looked over his shoulder only to see an annoyed looking man, probably in his late fifties. He immediately bowed, delivering respect for the other. "You're late.", the teacher said. "And in my class, no one is allowed to enter after me.", he added. Jake was already aware of this nosy, old donkey head. Sunghoon had told him about him.

Sunghoon opened his mouth to speak but Jake tugged him on his arm as if assuring that he got this. "Sir, I beg to differ.", Jake started.

"You see, me and Sunghoon are inside the classroom, while you are still millimetres away from entering. Technically speaking, we weren't late.", he made a clean and witty finish. Something in Heeseung's chest bellowed with pride when he saw the professor's face dip down only to see that he actually was still outside the classroom.

He looked up to see a smiling Jake, not in a mocking way but not in a completely innocent way either. His ego burned when he saw the class giggling. "Who do you think you are, gentleman?", the professor asked, in a dangerously cold tone.

"You might not be in the most appropriate state to hear that, my lord.", he mocked, as the class laughed out loud including Heeseung which was indeed a rare sight. He had grilled, roasted, toasted, burned and even barbecued the professor's pride by now. "I'd like to meet your father, young man for you seem too ill-mannered to attend my class.", he stated firmly.

"Are you...sure you want to meet him?", Jake asked, with lingering mischief in his voice.

"Of course. Who could he be that I won't like to meet him. What's his name anyway?", the professor laughed, thinking he roasted the boy but...

"For your very kind and polite information, I'm the only and only son of Sim Jong-Hyun, the leader of Asia's biggest mafia group.", Jake stated, smiling, this time indeed mocking the elder. And he was successful, not only just in mocking but making him sh*t his own pants.

The class broke into whispers as the black-haired guy turned to them, assuring, "I'm not the mafia. My dad is. No need to worry, my people!" There was something in his aura that he could potentially light up the Death Valley if he pleased to do so. He grinned at his classmates in a soothing manner as the class broke into a laughter because the professor had tripped over his untied shoelace while entering the class, shivering.

"Oops, mine is undone too. Better tie it.", Jake laughed and so did the whole class. "I'm Jake, by the way. Nice to meet y'all.", he said, in the sweetest voice ever.

Heeseung felt at ease, with his chest buffed up with pride. Jake rushed over to Heeseung's seat, discovering that the partner seat was empty. He sits without another word. "Uh, excuse me? Why are you sitting here?", Heeseung asked, making Jake look at him with confusion. "Yeah?", Jake asked.

"This seat has always been reserved for the wittiest and the most savage person, I ever meet. Why are you sitting here?", Heeseung asked, jokingly. "Well, I guess you missed me burning the prof's a** right now.", Jake laughed along with Heeseung.

"I'll show it to again, don't worry.", he added.

"Gladly.", Heeseung replied, looking straight at the shorter guy with nothing but...

LOVE.