14

Loud music, laughter, and conversations were heard as the five of them arrived at the beach. Gyuri struggled to keep her eyes open as the five friends surrounded the bonfire. Taking notice of this, Dohoon gave her his can of Monster.

"You want some?" he said, handing the energy drink towards her.

Nodding her head, she grabbed the can and downed multiple sips, trying to wake herself up, "Thanks girly, I really needed that."

Drinking away his energy drink, Shinyu looked at the dynamic between the two of them, slightly clenching on his can. He stood up and walked over to the two, squeezing himself in between and sat down. Getting comfortable, he turned his head towards the girl, grinning from ear to ear.

"Hey, girlfriend."

"Hi, boyfriend," Gyuri smiled, confusion swirling her head.

"Do you want to walk around the area? We can get food, too." He asked, hoping that she would say yes.

"Oh my god, yea! I'm so down. Let's go," she said, grabbing her purse from the side.

Shinyu helped her stand up, and was about to go when Dohoon asked, "Can I also go with you guys?"

Being the angel that Gyuri was, she enthusiastically said, "Of course! Get up, get up."

The three of them started to walk towards the walking path, the tension between the two guys surrounding the air. Going unnoticed by Gyuri, she turned around and pulled out her phone, going on the camera app.

"Look up! I'm trying to take a pic of you guys," she looked at them, expecting them to pose for the camera.

Dohoon and Shinyu looked at each other, before wrapping their arms around each other to smile for the camera.

Gyuri then snapped a picture, made sure to look at them, "Cute!"

-

After they got their food and finished it, they walked back to where the bonfire was. Tension still surrounded the two boys, making it go noticed by people walking by them.

As they made it to the beach once again, Sujeong took a hold of Gyuri's arm and dragged her away from the three boys.

"Dude, did you not notice the tension between Shinyu and Dohoon? Or are you just dumb," she asked in a hushed voice, looking back at them to make sure they weren't listening.

"What? What do you mean, they're like super tight no?" Gyuri responded, unsure of where this conversation was going.

It didn't make sense to her why there would be tension when they hung out as friends, no love in between.

Exasperated by Gyuri's blindness, "Gyuri. The two of them like you."

"Huh?"

In denial, Gyuri shook her head as she crossed her arms, not believing what she said, "There's no way. Shinyu and I are just fake dating with no romantic feelings involved and Dohoon and I are just friends."

"If you say so, but I will be telling you 'I told you so' once they both confess to you," Sujeong sighed, feeling hopelessness in Gyuri's denial.

-

The bonfire eventually ended with either the seniors going back home, or to a hotel nearby. Jokes were surrounded by the five friends, making their way to Gunwook's car. Like usual, Sujeong sat on the passenger side of the car, leaving Gyuri to sit in between Dohoon and Shinyu.

Gyuri scrolled through her camera roll, selecting pictures that she took of Shinyu to airdrop. She leaned over to Shinyu, telling him to accept the airdrop.

Shinyu received the photos, going on Instagram to choose pictures to post. Gyuri gave out suggestions on which pictures to post, Shinyu listening to what she suggested.

On the side, Dohoon felt a sense of hopelessness, figuring it was better to back off for the next two months.

•••

•••

liked by jjangxgyuri and others
shin.yu  beach 👍🏻
pc: @jjangxgyuri 🫶🏻

jjangxgyuri i kinda ate with the pics 😆
shin.yu my own photographer now 🙈

kim.dxhxxn u should thank me for the glasses
shin.yu thanks brother 🙏🏻

gnwkprk my man crush 😍😍
shin.yu gunwook my man 🫂👨🏻‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏻

choiyoung I SHOULDVE BEEN THERE.
shin.yu u shouldve 🤷🏻‍♂️

view all comments

❥❥❥
ive updated finally !
• we got a little bit of tension btwn the boys
• i think for the next few chapters r gonna be cute little ones so watch out for that
• since its spring break, i will be updating hopefully everyday maybe even double updates 😆