Chapter 1 - Paige, June 10th, 9:30 am

I couldn't keep my eyes on the book. I couldn't stop thinking about how awesome the next two weeks were gonna be. School had finally ended. Of course I'd miss my friends but Carter, Madison and I were going to have the best summer ever! Mum and Dad were heading back to Manchester for two weeks, so I have two weeks of freedom! We just so happen to be going to a camp called Camp Freedom. I know. How ironic.

"Paige?" A shout down the stairs interrupted me from my thoughts. "Come downstairs! Your father and I are leaving soon."

I threw my book on the ground and climbed out from under my duvet. I almost tripped down the stairs I was going so quickly. I entered the living room, my parents were sitting on the couch, jazz music playing faintly in the background.

A loud beeping sound came from outside, startling me. I cautiously opened the door, seeing the bright yellow taxi, with an impatient man sitting at the wheel. Dad pulled me in for a hug, and Mum joined in.

"Bye, bye sweet P, " said Dad, ruffling my hair "We will miss you so much"

"Stay safe" Mum warned, before picking up her bags and wheeling them outside. "Oh, I packed a few toasties for you, Madison and Carter. They're in the fridge. And I left an extra set of keys with the Garcia-Moore and —"

"Yeah yeah mum I've got it." I interrupted before she could bore me with more 'safety' precautions she'd taken.

They made their way to the car slowly, weighed down by their heavy bags. I don't know why they need to bring so much, we had no family to bring gifts to anymore.

I watched the taxi drive into the distance and then turn off Ocean View. I started to panic as I realised that I'd forgotten to pack my own bag. I rushed back up to my room, remembering that Madison and Carter would be here in only a few hours to pick me up. I rummaged through my closet, I stumbled across the diary. Nicole's old diary. I'd forgotten all about it since last October. I quickly shoved it away, I didn't want to remember it.