Chapter 4, Part 2 - Paige, June 10th, 3:15 pm

I checked my phone to see if my parents had messaged whether they'd got to the airport or not, but nothing yet. I let them know I was on the bus to camp. The bus wheeled out of the parking lot and I swear it did not sound good. I hoped we wouldn't break down in the middle of nowhere.

Carter sat to my left, looking towards the front of the bus, his eyes scanning the crowd. Maybe he was looking for someone. I doubted he wanted to sit with me for the whole ride, probably had better things to do, and other friends.

I took out my airpods and connected them to my phone. I opened up Spotify and picked a random playlist to listen to. The first song was some hard rock thing. Not my jam but I forced myself to keep listening to it.

"I didn't know you were into heavy metal." Carter was looking over my shoulder, "Some pretty hardcore stuff you're listening to."

Surprised by his sudden comment, I said "Huh? Uh yeah, I don't really like it, just, um, trying something new I guess..."

"I do that sometimes too" he chuckled, then looked at me, with his distinguishable smile. His piercing blue eyes stared down at me.

I felt myself blushing and quickly looked away.

Carter nudged me, holding out one of his airpods. "I downloaded a movie for the trip and well, I think you might like it. Wanna w-watch it with me?" Carter said, nervously.

"Yeah sure" I replied, taking him up on his offer on the airpod. I popped it in, and Carter started the movie. 'All The Bright Places' started playing, and I got immersed in the movie, feeling Carter beside me. A tear rolled down my cheek, around halfway through, dang this movie was sad.