Chapter 7 - Paige, June 11th, 6:45 am

We all stood around waiting to be told what to do and where to go. After those long hours in the bus, I just wanted to go to my cabin and rest. A man cleared his throat.

"Mhm, welcome all to Camp Freedom. I've heard of the unfortunate breakdown of your bus so I'll be quick," He looked around. Seemingly counting the number of kids, then whispering to one of his colleagues, "This is how it'll work, you'll be separated into cabins and your activity groups."

I hoped I'd be placed with some people I know, like Madison and Carter. I did recognise a few other kids from school but I wasn't close with them.

"Ok so in Magnolia Cabin is Jessica, Paige, Juniper, Nicky, Madison and... Kacey." He continued but I didn't pay any attention. I was so relieved that Madison was in my cabin. I'd have a terrible summer if I wasn't with any friends.

Everyone started to shuffle as they picked up their bags to bring them to their cabins.

"Be back here in 20 minutes so we can assign activity groups!" The man tried to yell over all the noise. I'm not sure anyone paid attention.

We had to ask for directions but soon Madison, Kacey and I were on our way to the Magnolia Cabin. It had a beautiful Magnolia tree right next to it. All of the girls' cabins were arranged in a circle; a firepit with benches sat in the middle. It had that nice sense of community. I walked into my cabin and saw the three other girls already set up.

"I call top bunk!" yelled Kacey

Madison took the bunk beneath her. I got a bottom bunk under the girl named Nicky. She'd flown all the way from San Francisco for camp. I introduced myself to the other girls, they all seemed pretty nice. This one girl Jessica gave me bad vibes though, for no particular reason.

After getting settled, we made our way back to the camp's common area. I wondered who was going to be in my activity group.

"Thank you all for being back on time" It was an young lady talking to us this time. She didn't seem that much older than me, "Now, I know you're all super excited to be here so let's get into it."

She would name an instructor, briefly introduce them to us and then tell us who was in their group. I waited until I heard my name,

"Ok next we have, Dominic's group, "I waved over to him. I was glad he was my group leader. I wanted to get to know him better since we'd only met once before. "This includes Madison, Juniper, Jessica, Carter, Lucy, Kacey, Paige and.. Justin!" Her voice boomed over the groups that had already formed talking.

Wait, What- what did I just hear? Justin was here?!? Justin Astor?!?