Chapter 2 - Carter, June 10th, 2pm

I drove up to 407 Ocean View. I couldn't wait to see Paige again and go to camp with her. Madison was humming to herself in the back. Why had she chosen to sit back there today? I pulled the car into the driveway, the gravel crunched under the tyres as they pulled to a halt.

I stared up at the pale blue door to her house. I had never noticed how beautiful this house was, under all its, let's say, dark history. I didn't see Paige anywhere, so I grabbed my phone to call her but Madison stopped me.

"She'll probably still be packing, let her chill," Madison stated. "Tsk tsk. Classic Paige."

The door barged open, and Paige flew out into the driveway, carrying three Ziploc bags, filled with wet looking sandwiches. I gagged at the sight. Madison chuckled. She also had a large hot pink day bag, and a white suitcase with a black Mickey Mouse silhouette, trailing behind her.

She let go of the suitcase to wave to us. I smiled, feeling colour appear on my cheeks. I saw Madison in the rearview, smirking at me. She must have seen me through the mirror too. I blushed even more, realising why she sat in the back.

"Shut up" I sneered at Madison. "You're so evil"

"What? I ain't do nothin'" She retorted, still smirking.