Do I Need Therapy Test

TW: rape mentions, transphobia.

1. Find a good therapist, if you need one! ^^'

2. I need a good therapist. I thought my old therapist would be good because their office said that they were accepting and supportive of LGBTQ+, all colors of skin, everybody. But I went into the office and while I was talking about how I felt and how terribly I felt from gender dysphoria, the therapist told me I can't say that I'm trans. She told me that I cannot identify as transgender until I love myself as a person. How does that work? I can't love myself as a person until I become who I want to be. I can't be that yet in my current situation. Then she told me that most "transgender" people (she used a tone that made her sound like she was using quotes) that come into her office usually only identify as transgender after a traumatic event such as rape. She was basically sounding as if she didn't believe transgender people were real or an actual thing. Me being thirteen at the time, I didn't understand why she was telling me this and why she was refusing to believe how I felt. I still don't understand the reasonings behind what she told me and why she felt the need to tell me these things. Maybe somebody else can understand her better than me. I don't know.

3. I didn't connect with my therapist. I hope that all of you who need one find a good one!

4. I had multiple panic attacks about starting therapy because my dad forced me into it.

5. My therapist cut me off after we met for half a year. My dad was confused. But I'm happier without her. She stressed me out. The only "therapist" that I've talked to was the social interventionist at my school. She doesn't work there anymore because her position wasn't needed so her pay was cut off. I talked to her during a time when my dad was drinking a lot and scaring my siblings and I. It really made me feel better. But... I don't have her anymore. I never got to end my therapy on my own. It never felt like I had achieved anything. They gave me medications like anti-depressants and sleeping meds. The anti-depressants made me feel tired and extremely out of it than normal. The sleeping meds helped me sleep longer. I passed out and couldn't stay up. But they also caused problems, like me blacking out and almost getting a concussion from hitting my head on the floor from falling.