Chapter 4

Blake grabs my hand and holds it while he drives us home. We park the jeep and walk into our house. I always thought that we were really rich because we have always had the biggest house on the street. The house has eight bedrooms, four bathrooms, and a basement. Mother always told me that we had money but we were not ever going to be the people who stop doing stuff like work or school because of it. We all make our way into the living room to see that Jacob and Joshua are sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Brothers, we are home" Alex yells down the hallway from his room.

"Okay, when you all are ready for dinner let us know," Joshua says and goes back to watching his movie.

"Come on guys we can go to my room and talk," I say and make my way up the stairs slowly trying not to fall on my face.

I guess Blake got tired of me hoping because he picks me up and carries me to my room. We all sat on the soft cow print rag on my floor. Ivy is sitting on Alex's lap, I'm sitting on Blake's, and Mason is sitting on Noah's. Lucas, Olivia, Ethan, Luca, Liam, Logan, Oliver, and Athena are sitting on the floor by themselves.

"You know that Abigail is a bitch" Ivy says out of the blue.

"Ivy, she might have a reason she is acting like that" I reply.

"No, she doesn't have a reason, we all were so close before she left us and joined the bitch club" Blake points out.

"She's not a bad person guys, she's just misunderstood" Olivia protested against us.

"I know you were very close to her when we all were friends but Olivia, she has changed for the worst," Noah says and grabs her hand.

"Guys she was our friend and now we are sitting here talking shit about her," Olivia says and pulls her hand out of Noah's.

"She was our friend until she wanted nothing to do with any of us," Ivy says with anger in her voice.

"Olivia is right, she was our friend we shouldn't gossip about her," I say absent-mindedly.

If my mother was here she would tell me that Abigail and I need to talk this out because we have been friends for so long. My mother always treated my friends like her own children. Abigail would always come over on Wednesday for dinner with my family. Her family always went on a trip which left her home alone. It was always nice to have her around. Then my parents died and I made sure that I never saw Abigail at my dinner table again.

" Earth to Madison," one of my friends says waving a hand in my face

"Sorry guys, I was thinking about Mom," I say putting a blank expression on my face.

"What about?" Blake asks and tights his hold on me.

"I was thinking about how much she loved all of you," I say with a smile on my face.

I remember when we would bring home friends from school so that we could study and my mom would make snacks and drinks for us. She made mouth-watering chocolate chip cookies and always gave us a nice cold glass of milk to go with them. She would always call them her love cookies. She always welcomes everybody into the family.

"Do you remember when mom took Dad's cookies away because he wouldn't share them with us? '' I ask and laugh at the memory.

"Or when dad would dress up like Santa when we were younger because you still believed," Alex says and Ivy hugs him.

"My favorite memory was when I was staring at Maddie and her dad said that I need to be a man and tell her my feelings," Blake says and wraps his arms around me in a crushing bear hug.