Chapter 9

*3 months later*

There's a knock at the door so in a hurry I run to the door. I slip my hand on the handle wondering who's at the door, the only people who come to the house are family and friends. I slowly open the door to see the one person that I was not expecting to see. I slam the door in front of his face out of shock and anger. What am I supposed to do or say? He left three months ago and didn't even think about telling me to my face. I slowly open the door again to see him still standing and I shut the door in his face. I glance into his warm green forest eyes. While he watches my every move. I have to look away but before I start crying. How can he leave me without saying a word to me? My eyes wander to his lips which have a shiny glow to them as they did a couple of months ago.

"Well hello there my princess," He says and I'm still in shock.

What is he doing here? Why would he come back now? Why does my heart feel like it is going to explode from love and anger? I have so many questions but the most important is why did he leave in the first place?

"Madison, are you okay?" He asks and I look at his face again

I want to say something back but my mouth feels like it's been glued shut. 'Just say something Madison, it's easy.' I look down at my feet. Why does it hurt that I can't say anything to the man that I have loved since elementary school? 'He will always be your everything just say something.' I open my mouth to say something but just close again. I have never been this speechless.

"Maddie says something you're making me nervous," He says.

"Who at the door Maddie," I hear Alex say while coming down the stairs.

I turn around slowly and come face to face with my twin brother. He sees that I'm speechless so he looks behind me.

"Blake, long time man, " Alex says and walks to the front door.

Alex passes me and bro hugs Blake. I turn my eyes back at Blake's soft face which always puts a smile on my face. 'That was the face that you first kissed. the faces' that got a black eye standing up for you.' That is the fact that I have loved since we met. So why can't I say a single word to the person who I love most in life?

"What are you doing here man?"Alex asks.

"Well I'm back home," Blake says.

"Why now?" I ask in a whisper finally saying something

"What princess ?"Blake responds with a question.

"Why now?" I ask a little louder.

"Well I'm ready to come home," Blake says then adds " I need to be home with my family and friends."

How does he have the right to just walk into my house and say that he's coming home? Why couldn't he just stay when I needed him? I am finally feeling myself again after eight months of my parents dying then he left me for three months. He has no right to come back after everything. I look at my feet again and a tear runs down my face. I look at him and memories start to rush my mind. How can I feel like he is my everything but also feel anger towards him?

"Madison, are you okay?"Alex asks.

"Yeah, welcome home Blake," I say and start walking up the stairs to my room.

I walk to my dresser and open the drawer with all of my pictures of my family and Blake. I focus on Blake. We are about sixteen in the picture, and that's when my parents wanted him to go on the trip with us because his parents were on a trip to France like always. My phone vibrates in my pocket. I look to see that it's Elijah trying to call me. I answer it on the six rings.