Chapter 10

I look over at the clock on the wall to make sure dinner is ready at a good time so that everybody doesn't get hungry later.

"What's going on in that beautiful head of yours," Blake says and walks around the counter to stand in front of me again.

" Just making sure dinner is being made at a good time. I don't want it to be too early that they get hungry later" I say like I'm their mother.

" Don't worry Maddie your child won't be hungry later I promise" Blake says jokingly which makes me smile.

"Haha, very funny," I say, rolling my eyes.

"I know you care a lot Maddie about them, I understand and see that princess" Blake says with a serious tone.

"Someone has to take care of all you crazy boys," I say trying to make him laugh like he did me.

"Of course," Blake says and rolls his eyes this time.

"Wait really" We hear one of the boys say from upstairs.

We take off running upstairs to see what's going on. Oliver has Athena in his arms spinning her around. The boys are all standing in the corner saying things like 'I knew it' and 'They are so adorable'. Athena looks very happy which she deserves out of all the pain she has ever been put in. I feel hands around my waist and I lean away not knowing how to feel about it.

"I'm sorry Maddie," Blake says hurt that I don't lean into him like I always did.

"No I'm sorry, I just don't know how I feel about that right at this second," I say and look into his green eyes.

" I promise I'm here to stay and I will beg for forgiveness every day if it means I can be with you," Blake says and my heart starts hammers in my chest.

I'm not going to let him know that his words affect me. Elijah walks in with Harper behind him, he looks at me and Blake. Elijah looks at me like his unhappy

"What is this?" Elijah asks with anger in his voice.

"Elijah relax man," Blake says and I can tell Elijah wants to punch him.

"I wasn't talking to you," Elijah says and looks at me " He left you in a pool full of your tears".

"Bro, we are going to work it out," Blake says with hope in his voice, making Elijah more angry.

"Blake I wasn't talking to your sorry ass, so shut the fuck up," Elijah says.

"Elijah Black, you have no right to talk to him like that," I say and step around Blake's body " He had to go and yes it hurt me very badly but he's a human being"

"Listen to me, you are leaving, you understand me, she doesn't ever see your face again," Elijah says and I look at Blake.

"Elijah you can't make someone else decision for them, his home for good," I say getting upset that Elijah is being a horrible person to his friend because of me.

"He hurt you and now you're okay with him being here," Elijah says and I feel the tears come down my face.

"Elijah, he's the love of my life and you know that, I wear his ring because I want him to marry me one day," I say " Yeah I know that I'm very angry with him but there's a possibility that I will forgive him."

"Fine, but I swear to god you hurt her ever again and I will make sure that you can't be in her life again," Elijah says "You're my best friend Maddie you matter to me. I just don't want you hurt"

Elijah looks at me to make sure I'm making the right decision and I give him the eyes that say 'I'm making the right decision for myself'. Elijah smiles at me and hugs me to his body. I turned to Blake to see the hurt on his face. We need to talk about all of this.