~𝑨 𝑻𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑫𝒓𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅~

°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•

Since they joined at the last quarter of they were almost about to graduate their 1st and 2nd year of high school.

"Aren't you excited it's about to be summer, and we're going juniors!" Mitsuri exclaimed.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."  She said in a sort of sad voice as she glanced at Sanemi teasing Giyu.

"Are you okay?" Mitsuri asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Kanae looked back at Mitsuri and gave her a soft smile. She wasn't okay. She had just started building a relationship with Sanemi. They were only friends, but the 3 months apart might just mess that up. The only way to keep in touch that she could think of is to get his phone number. But she knew she'd never have the guts to do that, so she'd just have to wait till next year to see him again. There was only 1 week left until summer break. She was going to hang out with Sanemi any chance she got.

"Okay, well, Ima, go talk to Obani." She showed that smile of hers once more before running towards him.
When Mitsuri reached Obani Sanemi left. Kanae has her face buried in her phone. She clicked the Spotify app. She put on a song and paused it so she could put her airpods in.

"Hey," Kanae looked up to see Sanemi standing in front of her. "Can I listen?" He softly smiled at her.

"Yeah." She returned the smile and pulled an airpod out of the case and gave it to him. She put the other one in her ear. She pushed play on her phone. Sanemi felt something off about the song. Once it got to the chorus, his smile quickly faded.

"Can you change the song?" Sanemi asked in a demanding voice.

"But why?" She questioned him with a confused tone.

"Just change it." He sounded angrier.

"Okay." Kanae responded in a low voice. She changed the song. Once she did, he seemed much calmer. "What was wrong with the song?"

"Nothing, just reminded me of something." He narrowed his head. "Do you have the homework?" He faked a smile as they began to walk to class.

"Okay." She looked somewhat sad at his response. "Yes, I did the homework."

"Can I borrow it?" He gave her an actual smile.

"Yeah, I guess." She rolled her eyes and smiled. She pulled the paper out of her folder and handed it to him.

"Thanks." He grabbed the paper, and they both walked into the classroom. They sat next to each other at different desks. She covered her airpod with her hair.

"Hold on, you could see your airpod." He looked at her, then she moved her hand to the side of his head. She fixed his hair to cover the airpod. She suddenly started fixing his hair even slower. Now, they were basically just looking at each other in the eyes. "There." She slowly moved her hand away and softly smiled. He smiled back at her and looked at the teacher as she was entering the room.

After Class

"Hey, Mitsuri?"

"Yeah?"

"I was listening to a song about like family, and Sanemi totally freaked out."

"No wonder."

"What do you mean?" Kanae gave Mitsuri a confused look.

"Sanemi's parents died when he was just 13." Mitsuri had a sad look on her face as Kanae's turned to complete shock.

"How'd they die?" She asked.

" Apparently, they were, but no one knows who did it." Mitsuri responded in a soft tone.

Kanae looked at the ground as she felt her stomach twisting out of the pain he must've felt. Why didn't he tell me? She suddenly felt a pain in her stomach in her throat. How much he must've gone through. I couldn't imagine the pain he had to face. I still don't understand why he didn't tell me, though.

During the last period of the next day

A note? Sanemi looked at Kanae, who was pretending to pay attention to the teacher so she wouldn't get caught passing notes. He unfolded to piece of paper, it said, 'Can I talk to you after class?' Kanae looked at him for a response. He gave her a nod. She passed him the note towards the end of class, so she didn't have to wait so long. Once the bell rang and the teacher announced that class was over, Kanae grabbed her stuff, leaving one hand free. She used her free hand to grab Sanemi's hand and drag gum out of the classroom to an empty hallway.

"Are you okay?" Sanemi asked in confusion.

"You know you can talk to me." She paused and looked down before looking back up at him. "About anything, right?"

"Y-yeah." He had a look of confusion.

Kanae had a sad look on her face. "So why didn't you?"

"What do you mean?" He still looked confused, except now he had worry plastered on his face.

"Your parents." She looked worried. She truly, deeply, was worried about him. She was sad that he didn't tell her and it showed.

He looked shocked. "How? How'd?" He looked at the ground for a moment before looking back up.

"Mitsuri." She said softly, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because." He looked at the ground once more. She felt so much pain for him. "I don't need your sympathy." He tried to be strong, to appear strong even though at that moment he was more vulnerable than ever. "It doesn't matter anyway." He slightly looked to the side as he was still facing down.

Kanae put her hand on his right cheek and tilted his head toward her. "I know you don't need my sympathy, but I'm going to give it anyway." She took a step closer. "Don't say it doesn't matter because it does." She put her other hand on his other cheek.

He grabbed her hands and moved them away from his face, and just held them. "I didn't tell you because when you let someone in, it makes you vulnerable. I have a hard time letting people in. I've learned that if you put a wall in between you and everyone else, they can't hurt you." He looked down again.

"I promise I won't hurt you, and anything that matters to you matters to me." She took a pause and set her head on his. "You can tell me anything, and I'll always be there for you." She took her head of his. And looked at him as he looked up at her. She let go of his hands and wrapped her arms around him. He stood surprised before wrapping his arms around her waist and buried his head in her shoulder.

She hugged him tighter. She felt his body start to heat up. A tear dropped from his eyes onto her shoulder. She couldn't see the tear, but she was sure she felt it, but he would never know that she knew.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

W/C|1162

𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓮 ☆ 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒏𝒂