~𝑫𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚~

°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•

I woke up with my eyes hurting from all the crying I've been doing. I woke up from my alarm set for school. School, I was finally going to go back to school. I was going to Sanemi and Mitsuri and Giyu and Obani, and I should be happy about that; I am but, at the same time, I'm not ready for all the stares that's going to come along with that.

I'm not ready for those whispers and murmurs and looks. Most of all, the looks. For me, the looks say a lot more. Those eyes of hatred, of sympathy, of sadness, those ones say so much more.

I slid off my bed and opened my drawers. I picked out black leggings, a light blue long sleeve shirt, and finally a thin white jacket to put on top.

I woke up all my other sisters since that now was my responsibility. I took on the role of taking care of my sisters. Or it was pushed onto me. Either way, that now was my responsibility.

Kanao got up softly, but Shinobu and Aoi. They were definitely not morning people. You didn't have to know much about them to know that much. All you had to know was that Shinobu and Aoi were stubborn, and by that much, you could tell they were too stubborn to get out of bed. They fought me every time about it.

I made them a bowl of cereal each. When they were done, they were either sprinting around the house for their stuff, or they were walking as slow as a turtle. At least, they seemed that slow.

Kanao ran up to me, "Do you know where my book is?" She asks, panicked.

"Your favorite?" I say, putting on my light gray backpack.

"Yes." She quickly responds.

"On the counter, maybe." I recommend.

She ran to the kitchen, "Thanks."

"Yep." I respond somewhat quiet. I lead everyone outside, but if I'm being honest, it feels more like dragging. Aoi pushes my hand off her, Shinobu fights back a little, and Kanao just goes with it.

We all get on the bus, and I sit with Shinobu like I usually did, and Aoi sat with Kanao. Everything felt normal except for the fact that before we got on our parents always hugged us and told us bye but now that no longer was there. You could see that sadness on each one of our faces.

We were basically silent the whole ride. Not a word at a single stop. When we arrived at the middle school, Shinobu and I waved them off, well, mostly me. Shinobu just gave them a slight nod, and they accepted it. They know how hard it's been, especially for Shinobu.

Other than me, she was the closest to our parents. It seems like it's been the hardest for Shinobu, but really, I was the closest. I've been trying to act strong for their sakes, but honestly, I feel like I'm suffocating. I just try to keep a smile on my face to try and show them that it's gonna be alright. I have no clue if it's going to be alright. If my job will pay enough. If we're going to have three meals a day. If we're going to have food at all.

When we got to the high school, we hopped off the bus after i thanked the bus driver. Shinobu has barely been able to slip a word out out of her lips. She hasn't talked much at all.

We walk through the front doors together. And just as I suspected, an endless amount of stares and whispers. People covered their mouth and leaned into someone's ear, saying something I couldn't recognize, I didn't understand a single one of them.

Shinobu couldn't handle it. Sweat was beginning to couber her forehead in little droplets. Little shimmery beads formed on her forehead even more as she rushed off somewhere, leaving me with their stares. It felt like they could see right through me.

I lowered my head and slowly walked through the crowd, careful not to catch another glimpse of those looks.

I take the smallest look up to see if I saw anyone I knew. Misturi, Obanai, Giyu, Sanemi, anyone. Sure enough, I saw a man with scars and scruffy, white hair. Sanemi. Strait ahead.

He's talking to Obanai. They're laughing and giggling at something and seem to have not noticed yet. I kind of felt like a spy except no was ever looking at the spy. Right now, it seemed like everyone was looking at me.

I slowly approach them. Obanai was facing toward my direction while Sanemi had his back to me. Obanai noticed me before Sanemi as I walked up to them.

My arms wrapped around Sanemi's waist. Just in the movement of the muscles in his back when i did, I could tell he didn't expect it.

Obanai shot Sanemi a look that said, "Are you sure you don't like her? Because she likes you." And honestly, I didn't care. I just wanted to feel the warmth of his body that I hadn't felt in what felt like forever.

I felt his body turn a bit so he could look at me. He pulled my hands off him. He turned his whole body to where we're now face to face and then put my hands back around his waist.

I buried my face in his chest as I felt his arms wrap around my back. His head wrested on mine as he caressed the back of my head, running his finger through my hair.

I heard people whispering non-stop. Either about me and my parents or the fact that I was hugging the hottest guy in school. According to the cheerleaders anyway. No one knew about what had happened at the party and I was glad about that. If they misheard, I could've ben the school slut. And that I would dread even more.

Even though all the whispers filled the air, I didn't care.

He took his head off mine. "You could've told me. At least answer my calls." He said with a soft smile as I felt tears rushing to meet my eyes.

"You could've told me." I say with tears in my eyes. His face looks puzzled by what I just said. "Your siblings."

His face no longer looked puzzled. "That doesn't matter right now. What matters is you." I felt a tear or two escape from my eyes. And he wiped them right of my cheek with rough yet gentle hands. "You know you're too pretty to cry." He smiled again. Everyone's eyes were on us, but I couldn't help smile back before burying my head back into his chest.

He wrested his head back on mine and began caressing the back of my head again. I could hear the heartbeat in his chest. Just being so close again made my heart flutter with joy. This time, for sure, I knew it would be alright.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

W/C|1238

Sorry this took so long again. I've been very busy anyway, and I apologize. I hope you guys enjoyed it! Thank you to all of you who have voted already! It makes me really happy, so just thank you again!! Have a good day or night! Don't forget to pray because God's got you! <3

𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓮 ☆ 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒏𝒂