~𝑺𝒐 𝑲𝒊𝒏𝒅~

°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆•°

It had been two weeks since the incident, and Kanao and Aoi finally decided they were ready to go back to school to face everyone staring and their whispers. Well, Aoi decided she was ready, and Kanao just went along with it. Everyone in their home had been pretty quiet. They hardly said a word to each other. They would eat together in silence, not a single sould from anyone.

Kanao usually talked quite often. She was still quiet, but she would talk to the people she felt close to. But now she wasn't talking at all.

Kanao and Aoi took the bus to school. On the whole way to school, they didn't say a word to each other, which was no surprise. When they got to school, the day was exactly how they expected it to be. Left and right people stared at them and whispered as they walked down the hall, entered classrooms, and even if they just moved a muscle.

Kanao went through classes without a word, leaving her lips. Throughout the day, she got multiple sorry's, but she wasn't sure they meant them. They probably only said it because there wasn't anything else to say. What else was there to say?

Aoi had looked very defensive the entire day. She looked like the most unapproachable person in the whole school. He walls were up, and it didn't seem like they were going down anytime soon. She herself had been pretty quiet. Usually, she was quite the opposite.

Kanao avoided almost everyone. Instead of eating lunch with only her and Aoi, she ate lunch alone. She sat on the rooftop with her bag and her book. Her favorite book, To All of the Boys I've loved before. Kanao had read it three times already, and this was her fourth.

She loved the book with all her heart. Just reading the book made her smile even after what happened. Seeing how Lara Jean went on without her mom gave her strength. Just how Margot was to Lara Jean was exactly how Kanae was to her.

She took a bite of her PB&J sandwich that Kanae had put in her bag before she left. Maybe she, too, could move on.

"Excuse me? Are you okay?" A boy with crimson red hair approached her. She just looked at him while he looked at her gently. After she just stared at him for a moment without a word, he began to get a little nervous. "I just saw you come up here alone, and I just wanted to make sure you were okay." He gently told her. "So, are you okay?" He asked even more curiously.

Kanao just nodded at him with no emotion on her face at all. He sat down next to her and leaned to the side and looked into her book. "What book is this?" He asked.

She put her book mark inside and closed it before handing it to him so he could look at the front and the back. He read the back, "Looks interesting." He slightly nodded his head as acknowledgment.

Kanao responded with a soft nod. He pulled out a Ramune drink from his bag and opened it. Tanjiro pointed to her sandwich, "Can I try that?"

She nodded and handed him the sandwich. He grabbed the sandwich and took a bite. "Wow, that's really good." He nodded his head in agreement to what he was saying. "Is that cinnamon?" He asked, and once again, she just nodded in response.

He handed her back the sandwich as he swallowed his bite. Kanao saw the Ramune. "Can I try?" She asked as she pointed to his drink.

"Yeah." He responded and smiled at her. He grabbed the drink and handed it to her. She grabbed the drink and took a small sip of it. "Good?" He asked.

She nodded in response while handing him the drink back. "Thank you." She said in the same soft tone.

He responded with, "You're welcome." And a bright smile. "I'm Tanjiro, by the way."

"I-i'm Kanao." She looked back at her book and continued to read by Tanjiro as they continued to eat their lunch.

"Hey, what class do you have next?" He asked.

"Calculus." She responded softly.

"Me too, we should walk to class together!" He smiled brightly once again.

"Okay." She responded quietly before going back to her book as he continued to eat lunch.

Kanao didn't look happy or really have any emotion on her face except a slight bit of sadness. It wasn't very noticeable, but Tanjiro noticed. Even though she was sad on the outside and on the inside, she also had a smile under that blank face of hers.

Kanao had seen him around school but never had really talked to him, and now she finally was. She liked talking to him he seemed to be the kindest person she had met so far. He was nice to her. Every time she saw him, he was always smiling, a big bright smile that is. His smile could light up the whole city and that it's self made her smile inside even after the incident.

She couldn't understand how someone could be so kind to someone who was basically a stranger, but somehow, he was. At this point, she was barely reading she was more thinking of how, why he was so kind.

Once they finished lunch, they each went to their lockers and headed to class. In Class, they got assigned a project that was due in the next three days. Out of pure luck, they were partners.

"I can meet at my house, but it would probably be better to do yours." Tanjiro said to Kanao.

Kanao nodded to signal 'okay'.

"Do you want to meet today or tomorrow? Or both?"

She held up two fingers in response instead of talking because, at the moment, she just felt a little numb about the incident.

"Okay, do you have a way I can contact you?" Kanao held her hand out, signaling her wanted something. "My phone?" She nodded in response. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone, and handed it to her. She grabbed the phone and began to start tapping numbers on his phone screen. She put her hand back out with his phone. Her eyes said, "Here, take it back."

He took his phone back waved and said, "I'll call you later. Bye!" He said before walking away.

"Bye." She practicly whispered. So kind.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

W/C|1144

Thank you guys so much for all the supportive comments! It makes me smile every time I read them, and I really appreciate it! It makes me so happy!!! Thank you guys so much!!! Sorry it took a little bit. We just started TCAP, so yeah. Anyway, byeeeee!!<3

𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓮 ☆ 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒏𝒂