~𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝑻𝒐 𝑨 𝑵𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒆~

°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•☆•°☆°•

It had been 2 months into school, and Sanemi nor Kanae had made an actual move on the other, though they wanted to. Kanae wanted to tell him how she felt, yet she had no clue of how.

"I know he likes me back, but I'm too much of a wuss to make a move!" She stompped on the floor while sitting in her chair. "What the hell is wrong with me?" She laughed and giggled at herself.

She got out of her chair and plopped herself on her bed. Maybe I could do a note? No, that would be so embarrassing! What about a text? No! Maybe I could just walk right up to him and say, "Sanemi, I like you so much that sometimes I can't even sleep. Just ask me out already!" Oh, what the hell forget it. "Why is this so hard!?" She went and buried her head in her pillow before flipping back around and laying on her back like a star fish. "This is why a guy is supposed to do this!" She grabbed the pillow this time to stuff her face in it.

All of a sudden, she heard her phone begin to buzz on her desk. She took the pillow off her face and sat up. Who would be calling me at this time? It's already 11 at night. She slid her legs to the side of her bed. She hopped off the side of her bed and walked over to her desk.

She looked at the I looked at the phone. Across the screen, it said, "Mom." She picked up the phone and answered the call. She put the phone up to her ear. "Hi mo-" she was interrupted by the person on the other side of the phone.

"Is this Kanae Kocho?" A male's voice asked on the other side of the phone.

"Y-Yes, s-sir." Kanae responded, panicked. Why did he answer the phone? Who is this man? Where is mom? Where's dad? They were supposed to be on vacation for another two days. Did something happen?

"I'm sorry," As soon as kanae heard the guilt in his voice and the 'I'm sorry' came out of his mouth, her heart had dropped. "But both your parents have been in a car accident."

"Are they okay!?" She practicly shouted.

"I'm so sorry, but they're no longer here." It felt like her heart had just fallen out of her chest and splattered on the floor below her. Her stomach was in knots. She felt like she could barely breathe. "Ma'am? Are you still there?"

She felt tears well up in her eyes.  She felt as if her throat was closing. "Y-yeah." Her voice was shakey.

"I'm very sorry." The man tried to consule her. Kanae just hung up the phone and set it on her desk. She tried to hold back her tears until she closed her eyes and let the streams of water fall down her face.

How could this happen? Why, why'd  you take them from me, Lord? I'm sorry. I'm so, so, sorry. I said, "See you in a few days." And I didn't get to see them, and I won't ever get to see them again. She began to cry harder.

How will I tell them? How will they react? Will they feel the same pain as I do?

After about an hour, she finally built up the courage to tell them. She walked out of her room and down the hall. She went in each of their rooms and told them to come into the living room. She sat across from them, separated by the coffee table.

She felt the tears ready to fall. Like big puddles of water ready to roll down her face. "M-mom," She looked down at her feet, desperate to not look at their faces, not to see the pain spread across their faces when she broke the news. "M-mom and d-dad," her bottom lip started to quiver as the felt herself fighting back the tears that were trying their hardest to fall. "T-they're g-gone."

Shinobu knew that something had to be wrong when Kanae began to stutter. Kanae never stuttered. The only times she stuttered was when she was nervous or scared. This time, she wasn't nervous she was just scared, extremely scared. Shinobu felt her eyes begin to widen when Kanae had said their names. When Kanae said the word gone, she knew that they were gone. Forever.

"What do you mean gone?" Aoi asked genuinely confused. Her sister's voice shook as she as she told them that their parents were gone. Her sister to her left looked like she had just seen a ghost. And her sister to her right looked just as confused as she was.

Kanae's voice got even shakier, knowing the words that were about to come out of her own mouth. "They're," her voice was breaking. "D-dead." Just hearing the words come out of her very own mouth was enough to let the tears run, leaving little shiny lines down her cheeks. They ran down her cheek and fell on she ground. She saw tears after tears falling down on the floor or hitting the top of her shoes.

The same shoes her parents got her. The ones they had the most fun picking out for her.

Shinobu felt a large pain in her stomach. Just the words of confirmation out of Kanae's mouth was enough for her to break while their two younger sisters sat there in shock.

Dead? It felt so unreal. Just the day before, Aoi and Kanao had face timed their parents, and now they can't, and they never will. It was a true nightmare.

One moment, everything's okay. The next, it's not. Kanae wanted to wake up from this dream. She wanted to wake up, open her eyes, and realize everything was okay.

But this was no dream. This was a nightmare put into reality. How would she move on? How would Aoi move on? How would Kanao? She didn't think that they fully understood what was going on. The fact that they would never see the two most joyful people in their lives ever again or at least were in their lives.

This, in fact, had gone from a
dream to a nightmare.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

W/C|1104

Sry, it took a little longer post. I think this chapter turned out pretty well. Tell me what you guys think. Anyway, don't forget to vote! Have a good rest of your day/night byeeeee<3

𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂 𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓮 ☆ 𝑺𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒏𝒂