●•HAZEL•°

●●●●●●●●●●

"Beep beep beep."

"Hazel stop doing that!" Fermin widened his eyes for like the thousandth time in a minute, looking around to check if someone has overheard us.

Coward shit all the time.

"Come on Fermin, with everyday passing. Your time is running out." I whispered respecting our surrounding as we were in a library. "Now don't start your optimistic rant again. What if...."

I put a finger over his lips. The thing was that my Best friend aka Fermin Marin is in love with some girl from the first year of our college but he always hid his feelings as he is the shy one in our friendship. No matter how much I encouraged him, it never worked.

And now this crush has gotten worse when the said 'gurl' has became his project partner. And here I'm again telling him to befriend her and then tell his feelings but Fermin is Fermin, He's more shy than a Mimosa Pudica.

"Listen, the worst she could say is no." I sang putting on my charming smile. He chuckled, "yeah, why not the worst she could do is say no and then introduce me to her boyfriend or someth.."

He started his pessimistic rant again. Oh my god he's such a black hole while look at me, I don't look at the negatives not one bit. I'm all positive. If I think I want something, I get it no matter what and if I have something that could give happiness to others, I try to give them that. And that's what I'm trying with this concrete-headed guy i.e., Fermin.

My piece of advice isn't that easy to find, you know.

As I was already zoned out from Fermin's rant, my eyes drifted to a familiar looking guy entering the library.

Headphones on, crisp white t-shirt, covered with black jacket, black pants, black shoes. Too black. Too painful for my eyes. Honestly what would hurt him if he could add some colours in his wardrobe.

Nevermind. Not my matter.

Many heads turned to his side, looking at him like he's some kind of Greek artistry. Girls, pushing her boobs out more just to get a bit of his attention, Boys, looking at him like he's got everything they want. Looks, Money, cars, status. Of course He was a role model for them. But does he care? No.

Honestly, to me he looks like a Grandpa who took the wrong diabetes pill and making a rude face like that just because his stomach is churning.

I'm so funny man!

He turned finding a corner and suitable seat for himself not flicking one eye to the humans scattered on the library looking at him as worshippers. Typical.

Since my first year, here in Brune college, I got many classes with this guy, saw him many times as he might be also majoring in Physics just like me but I've never seen him talking or engaging in any kind of engagement with a single soul. He's just like this. Black clothes, emotion less face, headphones on.

People loves him, I don't know. Maybe because he's rich. Some girls say 'Don't judge a book by its cover.'

Sorry I'm bad at that department, also Fermin and Haana, My best friends since first year in Brune.

We always judge a book by its cover.

If I'd ever get a chance I'd ask him the reason, but I fear he might get agitated because of too much human connection. I shook my head smiling at my own joke.

That was funny right.

"Earth to Hazel.." Fermin snapped his fingers in front of my face. I furrowed my brows, "yeah what?"
"Weren't you listening me?" He narrowed his eyes at me. "No." I straight forwardly said then hit him softly on his head with a book, "cause you weren't talking, you were crying. "