●•Hazel●°

"Here are the keys. Bye." Sharon, the owner of the cafe I work in, put the keys of the cafe on a table and waved off, sprinting fastly as one of her daughter had playfully hit the other but the hit was too hard so the nanny called Sharon and the rest is history.

Being a single mother is so hectic.

Just like my mum is doing from past year, after Dad passed away.

Dad.

My dad.

He couldn't ever be replaced.

He was my best friend.

He is my best friend.

A guilt stretched in chest remembering the black day I received the news of his death. My mind fastly started putting off the memories and I scrubbed them off.

No, I dont wanna remember or the Hazel who is so shiny will fall into a dark place.

Remember the promise you made to Dad.

I picked the keys and started cleaning off sighing at my thoughts. After Dad, Mum has to play both the roles for me as I'm the youngest in my family, my elder brother frenkie is a different case. He's of quiet nature since his childhood. He had never let our parents care for him because he has always been the best. Studies A+, Sports A+, Discipline A+, He's just A+ in every damn thing existing on the earth.

His quietness and less talkative nature had never been a matter to any of us but since Dad's death, he had consumed himself in a shell and Mum cares, that he would end up in misery. I had talked to him last week, and he just gave me some home-related, mum-related updates, nothing about himself, not a single word.

I took a deep sigh, this is not the time to overthink Hazel, save it for the night. I shook my head out of the thoughts.

Back to shine Hazel.

My mind then suggested me a great idea to put a halt to my passive thoughts.

Music.

I went to the music system installed at the corner of the cafe for customers to listen soothing songs while having their brunches. Today it's gonna be different. I smiled at my thought and connected my Bluetooth to it. Soon, boss bitch by Doja started blaring through them.

Easy way to divert myself.

I took a small jump of relief, picked up a cloth and spray to clean the tables, enthusiastically. Here I go. My hips started shaking themselves to the beat as I rubbed the cloth over the tables and chairs momentarily stopping and shouting out the lyrics with flailing of my hands in some party steps.

When the energy went to the upmost as the song go to it's best part, I picked up the mop, using it as I mic like I'm some popstar having a concert. Oh how I love doing this. Let's give my audience a great night.

I put the mic aka mop aside and started dancing. Doing criss cross like Ariana to twerk like Minaj and when the song ended I was out of breath.

Wow, that was refreshing.

Then I looked at the time and the refreshing thought flew out of the window, it was past six. I better be doing the clean shit right now. I fastly turned to pick up the cloth I had discarded before my concert and as I did my whole body went stunned.

My heart was beating in my throat and breath got knocked out cause there stood Gavi with brows up and a grimace over his face, well that was a smile he was trying to hide.