Saying sorry

"Sorry?" She blinked, "sorry for what?". I looked around but nothing came to mind, I guess I should tell her. If it was me a year ago, I'd never do this but now I will.

   "I shouldn't have asked a question that serious in front of them. I- . . I am sorry."

    "Oh. No. Don't apologise, it's okay. I don't mind. By the way, what exactly did you red?" She asked with a bit of curiosity in her eyes.

    "It was something about... Uh.... Maybe it was for your ex-friends who hurt you. You.... even mentioned your attempts..."

    "Ahh I see, it was that,huh?" She looked down, I couldn't catch her expression, whatever it was she changed it as soon with her usual-grin, "it was not about my friends."

    "It was about my parents, especially my dad."

    It took me off-guard. We're on the same boat, huh? We looked at each other, I slumped back on our seat. "You know, I left the football club, right?" She nodded.

    "You knew our coach, right? He was very proud of me back then. I always thought i was a loser but i really worked hard. I didn't realised it till I left from there. I could've done something great, I could've played till the finals. If not anything, atleast I would've done something. Now, I know exactly how useless I am without it. The reason I left was my parents. Although, my mom didn't cared much about it, my dad always refused me to do things. Whether it be about joining the gym or a sports club. I liked it, you know, football, I was so into it but. Not anymore. With their regular chatter of how I'm never home and not studying, they really tortured the hell out of me. They told me they were running out of money every month, due to my fees. So, I thought maybe it's a sign that nothing will ever work out with me. I am just supposed to sit home, studying."

    "I left without even talking to my coach face-to-face like a coward."

    Ayna listened to my rambling and we sat in silence till I was not hyperventilating.

    She held my hand, "It's okay. Don't apologise to anyone. You can do what you want. Don't listen to them. There are better things waiting for us, my dear. Let's try to forget our past. " She grinned and i returned it this time.

    "Ahem. Are we interrupting, my ladies?" Gusshy mused and zayn sat down in front of me this time so that the lovebirds would be facing other.

   Something feels weird now that he's sitting in front of me. I feel so lucky for no reason.

   I heard a phone ringing. Zayn got a call.

   "Hey! Why the hell you weren't picking up your phone in the morning?"

    He was angry, he mentioned a girl earlier. I wonder if it's her. I slided a little and whispered in ayna's ear, "who's he talking to?"She looked at me with wide eyes.

    "Oh! I didn't told you right? It's his girlfriend."