Tip 2: Interesting Titles

Tip 2:  Interesting Titles

A title says it all when you're scrolling down the discover page. You may have passed a book that has a boring title, such as 'Toothbrush' which in reality is about a girl who finds a toothbrush in her camp and returns it to the head of cabins, who happens to be really hot! And then obviously, they fall in love in like two days. Highly unlikely but you get my point, right? 

It may or may not catch your eye (usually not) and it can be a very good book if you just take the time to read it. Buuuuut it doesn't always work that way. Not everyone is willing to read the description to a story that doesn't have a title or cover that catches their eye. 

How to come up with an amazing title:

Read what you have already written (or if it's too much, skim it) unless you already know what your stories main idea is. The next step seems easily but is actually extremely difficult: think about it. Every time I write a story, it takes me about a month or two to come up with a title; that's only because I'm stupid. It probably won't take you guys that long.

You just have to make your title apply to your book, which is a lot easier said than done. For example; if your story is about a girl who falls in love with a customer who comes to the coffee shop she works at, you can name it something along the lines of:
   + Once Upon a Coffee Shop
   + Coffee Shop Love
   + Love over a Cappuccino
   + [the title of the coffee shop]

You can also use puns, jokes, one-liners, or other cute tidbits from the book as your title. It'll cause an 'ah' moment when readers reach the point where everything ties together.