Tip 12: The Basic How To's

I'm not sure if this is valid at the moment and to be honest, I'm too lazy to change it because Wattpad keeps updating their format and it's fruitless.

HOW TO CREATE A STORY (BASICS)

STEP 1: Just scroll over your name and click "My Works."

STEP 2: Click "New Story".

STEP 3: In the thin box, type the title of your story. In the larger box, type the description, a few rules for your story, or just a few basic things people should know before reading your story. Once you finish, save it. Close out of that.

STEP 4: Go back to "My Works" if you weren't redirected there already. Click "Manage" in the top right corner, right across from your story's title. Where it says "Description", copy and paste or type your story's description. Save it. Close out of this.

STEP 5: (ADDING A CHAPTER): Go back to your works. Click "New Part". In the thin box, type Chapter 1 or something along those lines (prologue if you want, CH 1, C 1, *story name* 1, etc.);in the larger box, type or copy and paste your chapter.

OTHER NEED TO KNOW BASICS:

Go back to your works and go to Chapter 1 (or the name you decided to name it) and click edit. Also, if you ever want to delete a chapter, click delete beside the chapter name. It will NOT delete the entire story.

Along the side of the chapter (after you clicked edit), there is an option box. Choose 2 categories (suggested) or you can choose just one. Write a few tags that relate to your story, too. Rate your story accordingly. Change the language if it your story isn't going to be in English.

To change the visibility (private or public), click "ADVANCED" in the option box to the right. You can also change "COPYRIGHT" here. You can put links, pictures, and YouTube videos there, too. But in order to add these things, you will NEED a link. Save it and publish it.