Tip 4: Rate and Tag it Correctly

Tip 4: Rate and Tag it Correctly!

You're making a story about love and relationships; don't tag it babies and silverware! In the current state of Wattpad, tags are the new rankings so knowing which ones to use can up your view count and vote amount, so be wary.

Here are just some tags off the top of my head:

Wattys2018
Funny
Romance
Love
Dating
Player
Goodgirl
Badboy
Girl
Guy
Love
Relationship
Couple
Teenfiction
Humor

Also, rate your story right! If you're writing a story that has kissing scenes in great detail; its PG-13! If you more than kissing in even greater detail; rated R. If it has cursing, PG-13, if it's just a normal romance with nothing stated above; it's PG or G. You want your readers to enjoy what they're reading and to be comfortable. If you rate it PG-13 and in one chapter it has a sex scene, some will close out of it, and some may even report the story and report you! So beware that you rate your story correctly. 

Also, provide warnings for things that may startle readers. Letting people know if there is something triggering in your writing will allow them to read it comfortably or skip it altogether. Wattpad's an inclusive community for people on all walks of life and be considerate of that when labeling your book.