Tip 3: Spelling and Grammar

Nobody is perfect and editing a book takes a lot out of you. I often get frustrated reading and rereading my books just to make edits. When it comes to spelling and grammar, the fewer mistakes the better. Everyone can agree that a better edited book makes for a clearer, more enjoyable read. Obviously, a few errors can be overlooked (shout out to everyone that's ready ANY of my books), but if a book is littered with spelling errors, it can be difficult to navigate.

Luckily for you, I have some tips. There are plenty of platforms online that will edit your works for you, some of which are free of charge. If you feel like paying for one, go for it, but for everyone else that's broke like me- there are alternatives. Be wary though; some of these will take your personality away from your writing if you make all the corrections suggested. Make edits but don't let it take your voice from your work.

If you'd rather go for a more human editing tool, there are plenty of editors on Wattpad that'll do it free of charge (save for a follow). Along with aspiring writers, there are aspiring editors that use this platform to better their skills as well as yours. Many people post books that serve as portfolios to show off their capabilities.

For a more 'at home approach,' you can always use the spell check provided by Wattpad. It also comes with Microsoft Word and I'm pretty sure you can manually enact it with Google Drive. You can also have a friend read your work and suggest edits. We often become blind to our own writing mistakes because we're so familiar with it.

Keep in mind that at the end of the day, this is Wattpad and you always have the ability to go back and edit. Don't beat yourself up if your work isn't perfect. There's always room for change and improvement for literally everyone.