Autobots (Earth-823)

"Freedom is the right of all sentient life." - The Autobot's motto

Affiliation: Cybertron (formerly), Earth

Species: Cybertronian

Occupation: Soldiers, Peacekeepers

Members: Optimus Prime (leader), Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz, Arcee

The Autobots are one of the two primary Cybertronian factions who are soldiers and warriors who fight for peace and protect all lifeforms and their home planet. The Autobots are mainly led by the Primes, who are Cybertronian warriors given ranks of their leader.

During the Cybertronian Civil War that ravaged their own planet, most of the Autobots are wiped out and forcing a small group of Autobots to escape to Earth, and currently they are working under the Global Defense Agency alongside different superheroes, including the Guardians of the Globe and later the Vanguardians.

History

The Autobots were formed during the beginning of the Cybertronian Civil War, or simply known as the Great War. When Megatron formed the Decepticons and waged war against his own planet, the Cybertronian council recruited many soldiers and warriors alike to fight against the Decepticons, the said army becoming known as the Autobots.

Throughout the war, the Autobots were originally led by Zeta Prime, until his death at the hands of Megatron who used the Dark Energon to kill him. Eventually, Zeta chose Optimus, his second-in-command, to become the next Prime by passing on the Matrix of Leadership to him. From then on, Optimus Prime became the leader of the Autobots and fought against the Decepticons.

Despite Optimus' efforts, the destruction of the Cybertron's High Council at the hands of Megatron, and the Decepticons taking over 85% of the planet has ravaged Cybertron, which also worsened with Megatron corrupting the planet's core with the Dark Energon. With no other options left, Optimus led the remaining Autobots by leaving Cybertron and finding different planet they will call home, through spacecraft known as the Ark. However, they were chased by Megatron and his Decepticons on their warship, the Nemesis. As they battled each other, both ships were critically damaged and fell onto Earth, on year 1984.

The crash landing has left both factions shut down for 40 years, until they were reactivated when Global Defense Agency operatives along with Nikkes investigated the crash site where the remaining Autobots were revived by Teletraan One, the Ark's AI system. After being introduced to Earth's government, the Autobots joined them in order to defend this new planet from Decepticon threat, as the Decepticons also have awakened and Megatron decided to conquer Earth as well.

The team of Autobots under Optimus' command, were given the nickname of Team Prime, and scanned Earth vehicles to disguise themselves.

Team Prime

Team Prime is a name referring to a group of special elite Autobots led by Optimus Prime who have currently escaped to Earth to seek refuge. These six Autobots are the last of their factions due to most of them perished during the war.

Cliffjumper and Prowl were also members, but they perished, as Prowl was fatally shot by Megatron when the Decepticons attacked the Ark, while Cliffjumper was personally killed by Starscream, the Decepticons' second-in-command.

Optimus Prime