Decepticons (Earth-823)

"Peace can only achieved through tyranny." - The Decepticons' motto

Affiliation: Cybertron (formerly), Earth

Species: Cybertronian

Occupation: Soldiers, Terrorists, Mercenaries

Members: Megatron (leader), Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave, Blitzwing, Knockout, Barricade, Airachnid, Scourge

The Decepticons are one of the two primary Cybertronian factions who are soldiers and warriors who fight for destruction and conquest. The Decepticons are mainly led by Megatron.

During the Cybertronian Civil War that ravaged their own planet, the Decepticons manage to take over 85% of their planet, and later chased Optimus Prime and his small band of Autobots to Earth. After crashing, Megatron and surviving members of the Decepticons proceed to conquer Earth as well.

History

The Decepticons were formed even before the beginning of the Cybertronian Civil War, or simply known as the Great War. Originally, during Megatron's time as Megatronus, the Decepticons were his followers and revolutionaries who sought to fix the inequalities present in Cybertronian society. 

However, when Megatron's dark ambitions came to light and the Cybertronian high council turned down his request to become Prime in favor of his friend Orion Pax, he vowed vengeance against Orion and the council, before turning the Decepticon into fearsome army that he led to a civil war.

Throughout the war, the Decepticons manage to turn the tide of the battle in their favor, managing to conquering 85% of Cybertron, along with Megatron corrupting the planet's core with Dark Energon and turning the planet into an uninhabitable wasteland.

Eventually, both the Autobots and Decepticons left Cybertron, with Decepticons chasing the Autobots to Earth, but both factions crash landing in the year 1984. Four decades later, both the Autobots and the Decepticons awaken from their slumber before Megatron decided to conquer Earth as the new planet for the Decepticons to rule.

Members

Megatron / Megatronus / D-16