Part 7

Celestia

I wake up in the middle of the night again, sweaty and annoyed as hell. My nipples are so sensitive that the silk of my camisole irritates me like crazy. I toss that thing to the ground and realize I'm drenched, needing a shower and fresh pajama shorts. This relentless discomfort makes me want to scream. Why is this happening to me?

My appointment with the doctor in the city is early tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping to get some answers and a solution to this issue. But damn, the nightmare won't give me a break. It's like a broken record, playing the same messed-up scenes over and over again. If I could avoid sleeping altogether, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The nightmare always starts the same way. I'm lying in the middle of some damn forest with the full moon shining above. But I know something's off right from the start. I'm in some unknown forest, lying there in my damn pajamas. The moss beneath me is wet, and everything feels too real. The sounds of the night are so vivid, it's freaking me out. And then, it all goes quiet.

That's when I know I'm not alone anymore. Something's watching me, stalking me. My survival instincts kick in, and I start running like crazy. I think I've lost the predator, but then I hear it – loud footsteps, two feet. My heart's pounding, and I push myself to the limit, but it's no use. The footsteps are always there, never letting up.

I'm freaking out, and I can feel it – this is the end. I feel the breath on the back of my neck, the scent of citrus and sandalwood filling the air. But I don't give up. I hear growling, and I'm scared shitless. With shame, I feel the wetness seeping from me, and then I feel it – a hand on my neck. My knees give out, and I'm falling... and then I'm in bed, confused and scared as hell.

Even now, I swear I can smell citrus and sandalwood in the air. I drag myself up to open the damn window, only to find it's already open. Maybe I'm too tired to remember, 'cause I could've sworn I closed it.

In the bathroom, I peel off my underwear and notice my slick looks weird – not as clear as usual, but kinda whiteish. What the hell is going on now?