Thirteen

Emerald's Pov

Emerald's Pov

I don't know how long i have been unconscious well, is unconscious the right word? I don't even know anymore because all i remember is Bruce sedating me. I don't know what is happening around me, but i can hear things, and what i have been hearing is nothing but a disaster. Bruce, oh, protective Bruce has been denying anyone to come to see me, and i could hear him flipping through papers. Peter, oh my sweet little bean has been looking after me, crying most of the time and hearing his cries broke my heart because that sweet little boy shouldn't be crying.

But then i heard the most gut-wrenching scream, and i knew it was my beautiful Natasha screaming. Hearing that made me push myself to wake up because i can't bear to hear her scream again or even hear her crying. I know i have to wake up now because i will not lay here and let all these friendships the team has built together to be ruined because of me. I also have to speak to Clint to get some answers that i deserve since he told me the life i knew was a green screen.

I focus on that need to wake up, the need to hold Natasha, the need to comfort Peter, the need to get answers, the need to tell Bruce to take a break, the need to speak to Loki and Thor. After what felt like hours, i started to feel the familiar pain in my stomach from the stomach wound, then i wiggled my fingers, and i could feel the oxygen mask on my face. I try to open my eyes, but they feel very heavy and like they are stuck together. Panic starts to build in my chest and raise my hand to my face, trailing one of my fingers over my eyes. Thankfully, there is nothing sticking my eyes shut, so try harder to open my eyes and after a few more tries my eyes opened only for me to shut them again due to the brightness of the room.

I let out a groan covering my eyes with my hand, and that seemed to have caught someone's attention because i heard a clang of metal as it hit the floor. Then, not even a minute later, someone turns the lights off and is by my side in an instant, checking the IV that is still in my other hand. I slowly move my hand from my eyes only to lock eyes with a tired and worried looking Bruce who gives me a small smile. I go to open my mouth to speak, but he presses a straw to lips telling me to drink and that's exactly what i do since he is a doctor so I'm not going to argue with him.

"You had us all worried. The sedation should have worn off 4 hours after i injected you. You stayed unconscious for over a week, and we can't understand how that happened." He rambles, and i noticed his neck is bright green

"Bruce, you shouldn't worry so much about me. You are a professional who wouldn't have let anything happen to me. Give yourself some credit." I said, and my voice was raspy and rough

"Natasha was unconscious too, i couldn't help you and Natasha." He said, looking down

"What!?" I said, trying to sit up, but he pushed me back down

"She woke up before you. Don't move. I don't know what affects you suffered from whatever your body went through. It will be safer for you and i if you didn't get out of bed for now." He said softly

"Where is she, Bruce? Where is Natasha?" I said through grittered teeth

"She's currently having a talk with Clint." He replied with a deep voice

"Hulk?" I asked, tilting my head

"Hulk must keep Emerald safe." He said as his chin started to turn green

"Hulk. I am safe. You did such a good job, but now i need Beuce because he needs to make sure nothing is medically wrong. You want me to be safe, right? So be a good Hulk and bring Bruce back." I spoke softly, not wanting to piss Hulk off

"You are right, Banner, come back." He said, then seconds later, the green skin fades away

"How?" Bruce asked wide-eyed

"I just spoke to him like a normal being, which he is. He just wants to be seen as a separate being and not you. He is a friendly giant Bruce. He wants to keep us all safe." I said with a small smile.

He shakes his head, not saying anything else, and starts checking my vitals. I understand his reluctance to let Hulk out from what i have heard about his and Hulks' past, but Hulks is growing day but day and learning.

I jump when the door is thrown open, hitting the wall, and i see Natasha standing their panting with busted knuckles. We make eye contact, and in seconds, she has run over and threw herself on top of me, crying into my chest. I wrap my arms around her tightly, growling at Bruce because he tries to take Natasha off of me. He steps back, putting his hands up in surrender while giving me a small nod of an apology.

"C-Can you get Peter for me." I asked Bruce, trying to hold back my own tears

"Of course. Just don't get out of bed." He said, giving me a pointed look

"I won't move a muscle." I promised

He takes one more look at me, then walks out the room, leaving me and Natasha alone.

"I-I thought i lost you." She sobs into my chest

"You could never lose me. As cringy as it may sound, I would walk through fire and hell itself to stay beside you. I will always come back to you." I said with a small smile

" I said with a small smile